Teenage boy, 17, who was caught carrying a knife in Woodford Green made ‘a terrible mistake’
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
A teenager who was caught carrying a knife in Woodford Green told the police that he “hadn’t hit anyone with it” when he was arrested.
The youth, who cannot be named for legal reasons, was reported to the police by a resident in Highfield Road, Woodford Green, after they spotted the 17-year-old with the weapon from their window, on November 22.
The teenager, who was with a friend, initially tried to walk away from police when they arrived but when he was stopped, he admitted that he was carrying a kitchen knife.
In an interview with officers, he claimed that he had found it in the alleyway moments earlier and planned to get rid of it.
However, at Barkingside Magistrates Court on Thursday, December 28, he pleaded guilty to possessing a knife blade in a public place.
You may also want to watch:
His layer, Mr Madeilno added that the youth, who had no previous offences, had made “a terrible mistake.”
The youth was given a four-month referral order and the knife will be destroyed.
- 1 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 2 Ilford care home turned into studio flats for rough sleepers
- 3 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 4 Chadwell Heath death: Barking man charged with murder of Maria Rawlings
- 5 Cannabis and rambo knife sniffed out by police dog in Gants Hill bust
- 6 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 7 Labour's shadow cabinet reshuffle sees new role for Ilford North MP
- 8 Man's suicide method thoughts were not in clinical notes, inquest hears
- 9 Murder probe launched after mother-of-two’s body found in Chadwell Heath
- 10 Ilford mosque attendees attacked with eggs and stones