Teenage boy, 17, who was caught carrying a knife in Woodford Green made ‘a terrible mistake’
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
A teenager who was caught carrying a knife in Woodford Green told the police that he “hadn’t hit anyone with it” when he was arrested.
The youth, who cannot be named for legal reasons, was reported to the police by a resident in Highfield Road, Woodford Green, after they spotted the 17-year-old with the weapon from their window, on November 22.
The teenager, who was with a friend, initially tried to walk away from police when they arrived but when he was stopped, he admitted that he was carrying a kitchen knife.
In an interview with officers, he claimed that he had found it in the alleyway moments earlier and planned to get rid of it.
However, at Barkingside Magistrates Court on Thursday, December 28, he pleaded guilty to possessing a knife blade in a public place.
You may also want to watch:
His layer, Mr Madeilno added that the youth, who had no previous offences, had made “a terrible mistake.”
The youth was given a four-month referral order and the knife will be destroyed.
- 1 Restaurant faces losing licence after allegations of illegal club nights during pandemic
- 2 Restaurant stripped of its alcohol licence
- 3 Have you seen this 52-year-old man missing from Ilford?
- 4 Safeguarding concerns at 'outstanding' Atam Academy in Chadwell Heath
- 5 Young Citizen: 'Our community needs us the most right now', says Mutual Aid volunteer
- 6 Have you seen this 17-year-old missing from Ilford?
- 7 Derelict pavilion in Goodmayes Park destroyed by fire
- 8 Growing public support for tougher pet theft sentences
- 9 Inquest into murdered nursing student fails to establish cause of death
- 10 Wanstead wine expert launches new shop