Teenage boy, 17, who was caught carrying a knife in Woodford Green made ‘a terrible mistake’
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
A teenager who was caught carrying a knife in Woodford Green told the police that he “hadn’t hit anyone with it” when he was arrested.
The youth, who cannot be named for legal reasons, was reported to the police by a resident in Highfield Road, Woodford Green, after they spotted the 17-year-old with the weapon from their window, on November 22.
The teenager, who was with a friend, initially tried to walk away from police when they arrived but when he was stopped, he admitted that he was carrying a kitchen knife.
In an interview with officers, he claimed that he had found it in the alleyway moments earlier and planned to get rid of it.
However, at Barkingside Magistrates Court on Thursday, December 28, he pleaded guilty to possessing a knife blade in a public place.
His layer, Mr Madeilno added that the youth, who had no previous offences, had made “a terrible mistake.”
The youth was given a four-month referral order and the knife will be destroyed.
- 1 Pan-Asian noodle bar opens on Ilford High Street
- 2 Fairlop Waters car park to transform into ice-rink for Christmas
- 3 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 4 Weather warning issued ahead of expected gale force winds in London
- 5 Redbridge Council is watching you: Mobile CCTV vehicle set to tackle crime
- 6 Tributes to former Hornchurch, Dagenham, Wealdstone and Hendon forward Marvin Morgan
- 7 Travel: What to watch out for across Havering, Redbridge and Barking and Dagenham
- 8 Search continues for man who fled scene of Loxford stabbing
- 9 Barking cash and carry boss jailed for five years for money laundering
- 10 The gift of giving: Where to donate food across east London this Christmas