Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- Credit: Bella Tasci
A 15-year-old boy has been reportedly robbed at knifepoint in Chadwell Heath.
The victim was allegedly approached and threatened by two people who claimed they had a knife in Rose Lane near Thatches Grove around 6pm on May 10.
The duo, who were on an electronic scooter, allegedly demanded he hand over his iPhone 12 and airpods.
The victim's mum, Bella Tasci, said her son is scared to go to school by himself now.
She said she would take him and his little brother to school herself until those responsible are caught.
One of the two people is described as black and the other of mixed ethnic background, with both approximately 17 to 18 years old.
One was wearing a Louis Vuitton hat and dark coat, and the other was in a hooded tracksuit with a light-coloured coat.
- 1 Two arrests after alleged assault on teen in Newbury Park
- 2 Strike over Covid working dispute begins at Oaks Park High School
- 3 Thousands sign petition opposing gas company plan to take over allotments
- 4 Former Met worker sentenced for stealing lost property cash
- 5 New trees to be planted at Fairlop Waters
- 6 Woodford Green pupil reaches final of national science and engineering competition
- 7 'Beyond my wildest dreams': Redbridge tutor receives MBE
- 8 Ilford primary teacher joins campaign to get people teaching
- 9 Ilford charity boss named in Queen’s Birthday Honours
- 10 Redbridge pupils shortlisted in competition to design Olympic Park pavilion
Anyone with information is asked to contact the police on 101 or tweet @MetCC, quoting CAD 6255/10 May.
To remain anonymous, call Crimestoppers at 0800 555 111.