Team GB athlete attends Newbury Park school’s sports awards
A school honoured the sporting achievements of its pupils in a special Olympic themed evening which included a visit from a Team GB volleyball athlete.
Oaks Park High School, Oaks Lane, Newbury Park, held its Annual Sports Award Evening last week with special guest Rachel Laybourne, who represented Great Britain in the volleyball events this summer, and has 92 caps for her country.
Former student Jack Booth also returned to the school with his Olympic Torch after he got the chance to take part in the relay in Harlow earlier this summer.
Among the winners on the night was the Girls’ Under 16 Football Team, who were awarded the Team of the Year Award, after taking second place in the Essex Cup.
Headteacher, Steve Wilks, said: “It was a wonderful evening. Congratulations to all the award winners.
You may also want to watch:
“We are also grateful to all the staff who have supported our students.”
- 1 Police appeal to find girl, 12, last seen in Wanstead Park
- 2 Primary schools in Redbridge rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 3 Seven Kings man charged in connection with alleged sex assault on boy
- 4 East London road and rail disruptions to travel this weekend
- 5 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend
- 6 Dispersal order issued ahead of fears over ‘illegal music events’
- 7 Update: Man charged in connection with alleged sex assault
- 8 Ilford mother 'could have been saved' and NHS 'failed' her, family tells inquest
- 9 Walk-in Covid vaccinations on offer at Valentines Park health fair
- 10 Goodmayes racer Alex Lynn and title leader Sam Bird preview London E-Prix