Team GB athlete attends Newbury Park school’s sports awards
A school honoured the sporting achievements of its pupils in a special Olympic themed evening which included a visit from a Team GB volleyball athlete.
Oaks Park High School, Oaks Lane, Newbury Park, held its Annual Sports Award Evening last week with special guest Rachel Laybourne, who represented Great Britain in the volleyball events this summer, and has 92 caps for her country.
Former student Jack Booth also returned to the school with his Olympic Torch after he got the chance to take part in the relay in Harlow earlier this summer.
Among the winners on the night was the Girls’ Under 16 Football Team, who were awarded the Team of the Year Award, after taking second place in the Essex Cup.
Headteacher, Steve Wilks, said: “It was a wonderful evening. Congratulations to all the award winners.
You may also want to watch:
“We are also grateful to all the staff who have supported our students.”
- 1 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 2 Redbridge parents' group donates six new laptops to families in need
- 3 Restaurant faces losing licence after allegations of illegal club nights during pandemic
- 4 One in 20 may have had Covid-19 last week in Redbridge, Newham and Barking and Dagenham, figures suggest
- 5 Residents furious after car park and lift flooded since before Christmas
- 6 Covid deaths increase at Queen's and King George hospitals this week
- 7 Restaurant stripped of its alcohol licence
- 8 Growing public support for tougher pet theft sentences
- 9 From City Hall: Increase of council tax a slap in the face for every struggling Londoner
- 10 Consultation for School Streets expansion extended