Team GB athlete attends Newbury Park school’s sports awards
A school honoured the sporting achievements of its pupils in a special Olympic themed evening which included a visit from a Team GB volleyball athlete.
Oaks Park High School, Oaks Lane, Newbury Park, held its Annual Sports Award Evening last week with special guest Rachel Laybourne, who represented Great Britain in the volleyball events this summer, and has 92 caps for her country.
Former student Jack Booth also returned to the school with his Olympic Torch after he got the chance to take part in the relay in Harlow earlier this summer.
Among the winners on the night was the Girls’ Under 16 Football Team, who were awarded the Team of the Year Award, after taking second place in the Essex Cup.
Headteacher, Steve Wilks, said: “It was a wonderful evening. Congratulations to all the award winners.
You may also want to watch:
“We are also grateful to all the staff who have supported our students.”
- 1 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 2 Ex-council staff who was sacked after bailiffs turned up at his work loses unfair dismissal claim
- 3 'Like prisoners in our home': Parents of attacked 13-year-old speak out
- 4 Walk It Out founder launches women's boxing classes
- 5 Thirteen-year-old boy attacked in Ilford
- 6 Restaurant apologises after allegations of verbal abuse between staff
- 7 Covid patient numbers rebound at Barts Health hospitals
- 8 Vulnerable woman dies burning charcoal for warmth after gas and electricity are cut off
- 9 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 10 New boats arrive at Fairlop Waters amid country park investment plan