Team GB athlete attends Newbury Park school’s sports awards
A school honoured the sporting achievements of its pupils in a special Olympic themed evening which included a visit from a Team GB volleyball athlete.
Oaks Park High School, Oaks Lane, Newbury Park, held its Annual Sports Award Evening last week with special guest Rachel Laybourne, who represented Great Britain in the volleyball events this summer, and has 92 caps for her country.
Former student Jack Booth also returned to the school with his Olympic Torch after he got the chance to take part in the relay in Harlow earlier this summer.
Among the winners on the night was the Girls’ Under 16 Football Team, who were awarded the Team of the Year Award, after taking second place in the Essex Cup.
Headteacher, Steve Wilks, said: “It was a wonderful evening. Congratulations to all the award winners.
You may also want to watch:
“We are also grateful to all the staff who have supported our students.”
- 1 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 2 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 3 Ilford care home turned into studio flats for rough sleepers
- 4 Ilford Town only place in London with average house price below £250,000
- 5 More than a thousand attend Eid in the Field in Woodford Green
- 6 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 7 Man's suicide method thoughts were not in clinical notes, inquest hears
- 8 Chadwell Heath death: Barking man charged with murder of Maria Rawlings
- 9 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 10 Cannabis and rambo knife sniffed out by police dog in Gants Hill bust