Teacher suspended as police investigate claims of inappropriate relationships with pupils at Barkingside school
- Credit: Archant
A police investigation has been launched following allegations of a Barkingside teacher dating pupils and giving gifts in return for sexual favours.
A male teacher at Kantor King Solomon School, Forest Road, was suspended on April 30, while officers investigate claims that he dated a pupil for two years between the ages of 14 and 16, and asked another girl for a threesome.
The Met will also be looking into inappropriate pictures on Snapchat and are urging any person with information about the incident to come forward.
Det Insp Sean Treweek of the East Area Command Safeguarding Team said: “Police were made aware of an allegation of improper conduct by a teacher at the Kantor King Solomon School in Barkingside.
“Representatives from the school and the East Area police safeguarding team are working with the local authority to ensure that appropriate measures are in place which safeguards all children at the Kantor King Solomon School whilst an investigation is conducted.”
You may also want to watch:
Redbridge Council refused to comment on the situation.
Kantor King Solomon School issued a “no comment”.
- 1 Two men assaulted with pole after car driven into them
- 2 Fairlop Waters, numbers, NHS and child exploitation
- 3 Pedestrian suffers 'life-threatening head injury' in Redbridge collision
- 4 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford
- 5 Police officer sacked after 'encouraging friend to lie about collision'
- 6 Man charged with murder after elderly woman found dead in bathtub in Clayhall home
- 7 Hainault teen lands coveted slot on dance touring company
- 8 Man in hospital after car flips over in Wanstead
- 9 Barkingside axe attack: Man arrested on suspicion of attempted murder, police appeal for witnesses
- 10 Two men arrested in Chigwell on suspicion of kidnap