Teacher suspended as police investigate claims of inappropriate relationships with pupils at Barkingside school
- Credit: Archant
A police investigation has been launched following allegations of a Barkingside teacher dating pupils and giving gifts in return for sexual favours.
A male teacher at Kantor King Solomon School, Forest Road, was suspended on April 30, while officers investigate claims that he dated a pupil for two years between the ages of 14 and 16, and asked another girl for a threesome.
The Met will also be looking into inappropriate pictures on Snapchat and are urging any person with information about the incident to come forward.
Det Insp Sean Treweek of the East Area Command Safeguarding Team said: “Police were made aware of an allegation of improper conduct by a teacher at the Kantor King Solomon School in Barkingside.
“Representatives from the school and the East Area police safeguarding team are working with the local authority to ensure that appropriate measures are in place which safeguards all children at the Kantor King Solomon School whilst an investigation is conducted.”
You may also want to watch:
Redbridge Council refused to comment on the situation.
Kantor King Solomon School issued a “no comment”.
- 1 Young Citizen: Ilford student who assisted at crash campaigns for more first aid
- 2 Sam Tarry MP urges Sadiq Khan to block Goodmayes Tesco development
- 3 Barkingside man charged with intending to supply cannabis
- 4 Protestors decry 'privatisation' of NHS outside Loxford Practice
- 5 Charity urges council to tackle alleged Ilford Lane anti-social behaviour
- 6 Redbridge issued more than 2,800 Blue Badge fines in 2020, data shows
- 7 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 8 'I convened a meeting for residents and businesses in the York Road area'
- 9 More than £5m worth of stolen vehicles recovered in first Redbridge Action Week
- 10 Barking and Dagenham and Redbridge 'least active' boroughs in London, study finds