Teacher suspended as police investigate claims of inappropriate relationships with pupils at Barkingside school
- Credit: Archant
A police investigation has been launched following allegations of a Barkingside teacher dating pupils and giving gifts in return for sexual favours.
A male teacher at Kantor King Solomon School, Forest Road, was suspended on April 30, while officers investigate claims that he dated a pupil for two years between the ages of 14 and 16, and asked another girl for a threesome.
The Met will also be looking into inappropriate pictures on Snapchat and are urging any person with information about the incident to come forward.
Det Insp Sean Treweek of the East Area Command Safeguarding Team said: “Police were made aware of an allegation of improper conduct by a teacher at the Kantor King Solomon School in Barkingside.
“Representatives from the school and the East Area police safeguarding team are working with the local authority to ensure that appropriate measures are in place which safeguards all children at the Kantor King Solomon School whilst an investigation is conducted.”
You may also want to watch:
Redbridge Council refused to comment on the situation.
Kantor King Solomon School issued a “no comment”.
- 1 Restaurant faces losing licence after allegations of illegal club nights during pandemic
- 2 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 3 Covid deaths increase at Queen's and King George hospitals this week
- 4 'A race against time' - 18,000 people in Redbridge have received Covid jab
- 5 Restaurant stripped of its alcohol licence
- 6 Residents furious after car park and lift flooded since before Christmas
- 7 Redbridge parents' group donates six new laptops to families in need
- 8 Little Gearies development plans pass following hours of discussion over Barkingside estate
- 9 Need for Frenford Foodbank won't end when pandemic does, say volunteers
- 10 One in 20 may have had Covid-19 last week in Redbridge, Newham and Barking and Dagenham, figures suggest