Teacher suspended as police investigate claims of inappropriate relationships with pupils at Barkingside school
- Credit: Archant
A police investigation has been launched following allegations of a Barkingside teacher dating pupils and giving gifts in return for sexual favours.
A male teacher at Kantor King Solomon School, Forest Road, was suspended on April 30, while officers investigate claims that he dated a pupil for two years between the ages of 14 and 16, and asked another girl for a threesome.
The Met will also be looking into inappropriate pictures on Snapchat and are urging any person with information about the incident to come forward.
Det Insp Sean Treweek of the East Area Command Safeguarding Team said: “Police were made aware of an allegation of improper conduct by a teacher at the Kantor King Solomon School in Barkingside.
“Representatives from the school and the East Area police safeguarding team are working with the local authority to ensure that appropriate measures are in place which safeguards all children at the Kantor King Solomon School whilst an investigation is conducted.”
Redbridge Council refused to comment on the situation.
Kantor King Solomon School issued a “no comment”.
- 1 Search continues for man who fled scene of Loxford stabbing
- 2 Update on search for older man walking barefoot along Chigwell Road
- 3 Fairlop Waters car park to transform into ice-rink for Christmas
- 4 Missing man seen on Chigwell Road found 'safe and well'
- 5 Covid survivor, 16, urges people to get jabbed after months in hospital
- 6 Nine rescue pets looking for homes this Christmas in east London
- 7 Masks, PCR tests and boosters: New measures to combat Omicron variant
- 8 Warning issued over fake Omicron variant test scam
- 9 What are the chances of a white Christmas in London?
- 10 Waitrose and Halfords recall items over health and safety concerns