Suspended prison sentence for Woodford Green drink-driver nearly three times over limit
A 53-year-old Woodford Green man who was nearly three times over the drink-drive limit received a suspended prison sentence yesterday.
Krzysztof Kundzicz, 53, of Chigwell Road, Woodford Green, was also banned from driving for three years at Barkingside Magistrates’ Court, Cranbrook Road.
The court heard the defendant was stopped after driving erratically in Southend Road, Woodford Green, in the middle of the day on February 9.
Police observed Kundzicz swerving a Suzuki car from right to left and breaking rapidly at around 1.30pm.
He was stopped and was found to be under the influence of alcohol leading to his arrest, the court was told.
You may also want to watch:
A test showed he had 93mcg of alcohol in 100ml of breath.
Kundzicz, who has a Polish driving licence, pleaded guilty to driving a vehicle when above the alcohol limit; using a motor vehicle without third party insurance and using a motor vehicle without a test certificate.
- 1 Sadiq Khan comes to Redbridge ahead of London elections
- 2 Man airlifted to hospital after Gants Hill house fire
- 3 Residents complain their Ilford street now 'full of crime'
- 4 Ricardo Fuller death: Man charged with murder
- 5 Loxford and Seven Kings by-election candidates make case for your vote
- 6 Consultation launches on plans to move preschool and open excluded pupils facility at youth centre
- 7 Four further arrests in connection with Sven Badzak stabbing
- 8 Labour leader Sir Keir Starmer visits Redbridge on campaign trail
- 9 Fire damages Ilford flats
He had two previous convictions – one for failure to provide a specimen for analysis and one for failure to be in charge of a vehicle.
District Judge Radway said: “The three convictions in seven years were for using a vehicle when you were drunk.
“I have therefore to consider whether you should be sent to prison.”
After seeking further information through a report from probation officers, the judge sentenced Kundzicz to 30 days, suspended for 12 months, for driving over the limit and imposed the driving ban.
There were no separate penalties for the other two charges.