Suspected shoplifter arrested after man stabbed in Exchange Ilford shopping centre
A suspected shoplifter has been arrested after allegedly stabbing a member of the public inside the Exchange Ilford shopping centre in High Road, Ilford this afternoon.
A police officer had approached a man he suspected of shoplifting from Clinton Cards outside the store at around 4.20pm.
The suspect allegedly pulled a knife on the officer and then stabbed a passer-by in the forearm.
The victim’s injuries were described as “not life-threatening” by a police spokesman.
A London Ambulance Service spokesman said two ambulances were called to the scene and two patients were treated and taken to hospital.
You may also want to watch:
There are currently no further details of the suspect who has been arrested on suspicion of grievous bodily harm and shoplifting.
Have you seen anything? Call the newsdesk on 020 8477 3800, or email email@example.com.
- 1 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 2 Murder probe launched after mother-of-two’s body found in Chadwell Heath
- 3 'No stone will be left unturned' to find killer of Maria Jane Rawlings
- 4 Election 2021: Live updates for London Assembly, Loxford and Seven Kings
- 5 Man wanted in connection with dangerous driving incident in Newbury Park
- 6 Man stabbed in Goodmayes
- 7 May 17: What can't open when Covid-19 lockdown rules ease?
- 8 Detectives hunt for knifepoint phone robber in Woodford Green
- 9 Labour's Sadiq Khan wins London mayoral election
- 10 Woman's body found in Chadwell Heath