Suspected shoplifter arrested after man stabbed in Exchange Ilford shopping centre
A suspected shoplifter has been arrested after allegedly stabbing a member of the public inside the Exchange Ilford shopping centre in High Road, Ilford this afternoon.
A police officer had approached a man he suspected of shoplifting from Clinton Cards outside the store at around 4.20pm.
The suspect allegedly pulled a knife on the officer and then stabbed a passer-by in the forearm.
The victim’s injuries were described as “not life-threatening” by a police spokesman.
A London Ambulance Service spokesman said two ambulances were called to the scene and two patients were treated and taken to hospital.
There are currently no further details of the suspect who has been arrested on suspicion of grievous bodily harm and shoplifting.
Have you seen anything? Call the newsdesk on 020 8477 3800, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Search continues for man who fled scene of Loxford stabbing
- 2 Fairlop Waters car park to transform into ice-rink for Christmas
- 3 Missing man seen on Chigwell Road found 'safe and well'
- 4 Update on search for older man walking barefoot along Chigwell Road
- 5 Covid survivor, 16, urges people to get jabbed after months in hospital
- 6 Warning issued over fake Omicron variant test scam
- 7 Nine rescue pets looking for homes this Christmas in east London
- 8 Masks, PCR tests and boosters: New measures to combat Omicron variant
- 9 Waitrose and Halfords recall items over health and safety concerns
- 10 What are the chances of a white Christmas in London?