Suspected shoplifter arrested after man stabbed in Exchange Ilford shopping centre
A suspected shoplifter has been arrested after allegedly stabbing a member of the public inside the Exchange Ilford shopping centre in High Road, Ilford this afternoon.
A police officer had approached a man he suspected of shoplifting from Clinton Cards outside the store at around 4.20pm.
The suspect allegedly pulled a knife on the officer and then stabbed a passer-by in the forearm.
The victim’s injuries were described as “not life-threatening” by a police spokesman.
A London Ambulance Service spokesman said two ambulances were called to the scene and two patients were treated and taken to hospital.
You may also want to watch:
There are currently no further details of the suspect who has been arrested on suspicion of grievous bodily harm and shoplifting.
Have you seen anything? Call the newsdesk on 020 8477 3800, or email email@example.com.
- 1 'Uproar' at decision to fell protected oak tree in Hainault
- 2 Former Homebase development plans approved
- 3 Woodford Green and Forest Gate residents criticise councils over flooding
- 4 Water company apologises for phone line waits as flood response branded 'woefully inadequate'
- 5 More than £5m worth of stolen vehicles recovered in first Redbridge Action Week
- 6 Developments approved in Redbridge so far in 2021
- 7 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 8 Redbridge clean-up underway after flash floods close A&E and damage homes
- 9 Inquest: Newham driver died of 'misadventure' after Redbridge police chase
- 10 Ricardo Fuller death: Third man charged with murder