Suspected burglar caught in Ilford after tip-offs from residents
A suspected burglar was caught by police after tip-offs by members of the public.
Officers were called to Leyswood Drive, Ilford, at 7pm on March 14 to reports that three men in a Ford Focus car were acting suspiciously.
They stopped the vehicle in nearby Mendip Road, but just one man was inside. A search was conducted, but nothing found.
Officers then received a call 15 minutes later reporting a burglary in Mendip Road. They stopped a man who was about to drive away in a different car and arrested him on suspicion of burglary.
He has been bailed pending further enquiries. The other two men have not been located.
You may also want to watch:
If anyone has any information they should call 101.
- 1 Mercato Ilford 'delayed again' as council pushes for Christmas opening
- 2 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 3 'Not acceptable': Residents mount opposition to plumbers' building plan
- 4 ‘Hard to comprehend’: MPs react as Sir David Amess dies after stabbing
- 5 'Sick and tired': More restaurants fall victim to Just Eat scammers
- 6 Cross-party group demands mayor reject Tesco Goodmayes development
- 7 Jailed: Men who laundered £25m from cash and carry warehouses
- 8 Two more police 'enforcement hubs' to open in Redbridge
- 9 Six cars damaged and lamppost felled in late-night Loxford crash
- 10 Chadwell Heath pharmacy to offer Covid-19 booster jabs with flu vaccine