Suspected burglar caught in Ilford after tip-offs from residents
A suspected burglar was caught by police after tip-offs by members of the public.
Officers were called to Leyswood Drive, Ilford, at 7pm on March 14 to reports that three men in a Ford Focus car were acting suspiciously.
They stopped the vehicle in nearby Mendip Road, but just one man was inside. A search was conducted, but nothing found.
Officers then received a call 15 minutes later reporting a burglary in Mendip Road. They stopped a man who was about to drive away in a different car and arrested him on suspicion of burglary.
He has been bailed pending further enquiries. The other two men have not been located.
You may also want to watch:
If anyone has any information they should call 101.
- 1 Residents complain their Ilford street now 'full of crime'
- 2 Sadiq Khan comes to Redbridge ahead of London elections
- 3 Labour leader Sir Keir Starmer visits Redbridge on campaign trail
- 4 Loxford and Seven Kings by-election candidates make case for your vote
- 5 Consultation launches on plans to move preschool and open excluded pupils facility at youth centre
- 6 Ricardo Fuller death: Man charged with murder
- 7 Fire damages Ilford flats
- 8 Counsellor offers group therapy for fellow parents grieving loss of child
- 9 Community group founder calls for mandatory ethnic pay gap reporting
- 10 Redbridge parents' group donates more laptops to schools