Suspected burglar caught in Ilford after tip-offs from residents
A suspected burglar was caught by police after tip-offs by members of the public.
Officers were called to Leyswood Drive, Ilford, at 7pm on March 14 to reports that three men in a Ford Focus car were acting suspiciously.
They stopped the vehicle in nearby Mendip Road, but just one man was inside. A search was conducted, but nothing found.
Officers then received a call 15 minutes later reporting a burglary in Mendip Road. They stopped a man who was about to drive away in a different car and arrested him on suspicion of burglary.
He has been bailed pending further enquiries. The other two men have not been located.
You may also want to watch:
If anyone has any information they should call 101.
- 1 Cost of damage runs into thousands as Clayhall street clears up after floods
- 2 Engineering student wins place at Princeton University
- 3 Olympian-trained South Woodford sprinter, 8, breaks record in Manchester
- 4 Ilford charity opens B&M store in Newbury Park
- 5 More than £5m worth of stolen vehicles recovered in first Redbridge Action Week
- 6 Barkingside man arrested on suspicion of firearms offences
- 7 Redbridge clean-up underway after flash floods close A&E and damage homes
- 8 Developments approved in Redbridge so far in 2021
- 9 The Sikh Network on grieving in lockdown and death 'as a process of life'
- 10 'Darkest days of my life': Six-year-old diagnosed with rare condition suffers OCD, anxiety and depressive symptoms