Suspect in stabbing of Collier Row boy ‘has not left country’
- Credit: @MostAuthentic
Police have issued a new appeal for the main suspect in the stabbing of a Collier Row boy on January 9.
Charlie Kutyauripo, of Collier Row Lane, was killed outside a friend’s birthday party at Ashton Playing Fields, in Woodford Bridge.
Detectives are still trying to trace Aaron Alexander Tavares-Gaiete, the chief suspect in the murder of the 16-year-old.
Det Ch Insp Mark Lawson gave the Recorder an update on the investigation.
He said: “It is very frustrating, but there is a lot of background work going on.
You may also want to watch:
“The family [Charlie’s] understand where we are, we have kept them completely involved.”
The Kutyauripos previously released a statement appealing for information: “To the world he was just a 16-year-old boy, but to us, that was our son taken.”
- 1 Safeguarding concerns at 'outstanding' Atam Academy in Chadwell Heath
- 2 Have you seen this 52-year-old man missing from Ilford?
- 3 Derelict pavilion in Goodmayes Park destroyed by fire
- 4 Growing public support for tougher pet theft sentences
- 5 Police and council join forces to help raise Covid awareness
- 6 Have you seen this 17-year-old missing from Ilford?
- 7 Welcome to Chadwell Heath Spartans, a true family football club
- 8 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 9 Former councillor jailed for electoral fraud said he wanted to help people
- 10 Royal Mail lists six Redbridge postcodes hit by Covid postal delays
The senior investigating officer said: “I do not think he [Aaron] has left the country.
“I would be very surprised if he has, from what we have learnt from Aaron’s family.
“His family are very concerned about his safety, they have not seen him for two weeks.”
The detective confirmed police do not believe the suspect’s family are helping him.
“I still think he has got friends who are prepared to look after him.”
“If he wasn’t a suspect we would be treating him as a high risk missing person, 16 years of age, missing for two weeks, we are doing exactly the same things.”
Det Ch Insp Lawson appealed once again to Aaron’s friends to come forward with information on his whereabouts.
The 16-year-old is described as black, five ft 10 in tall and of slim build with facial hair.
He was last seen wearing a dark hooded jacket with a yellow motif on the left sleeve, dark coloured trousers and trainers.
Two teenagers have been arrested and bailed in connection with the stabbing. Enquiries continue.
Anyone with information should call 020 8358 0200 or Crimestoppers on 0800555111.