Staff at Ilford’s Blackhorse pub terrorised by gang of 15
The manager of an Ilford pub says a lack of response from police after a gang threatened to stab him left him feeling “physically sick”.
Jonathan Feld, 46, of the Blackhorse Pub, Chapel Road, Ilford says he was confronted with a gang of around 15 men after he was forced to cancel an event due to noise issues.
Mr Feld said he arrived for work at around 6pm on Monday of last week to find some of the men behind his bar, while others locked the pub doors from the inside to prevent anybody getting in.
He says the gang was demanding the instant return of a deposit in excess of �300 that had already been partially returned in order to ease the situation, despite a 14 day return policy.
The manager, who has been running the pub for less than two months, said: “I had informed the organiser that his event would have to be rearranged and that’s when the threats started.
You may also want to watch:
“When I got to the pub, some of them were behind the bar harassing the barmaid. She was in a bit of a state.
“I managed to get to the basement and call the police, but most of them legged it when they heard the sirens.”
- 1 Safeguarding concerns at 'outstanding' Chadwell Heath academy
- 2 Growing public support for tougher pet theft sentences
- 3 Police and council join forces to help raise Covid awareness
- 4 Council must pay £4,500 for failing disabled brothers
- 5 Derelict pavilion in Goodmayes Park destroyed by fire
- 6 Have you seen this 52-year-old man missing from Ilford?
- 7 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 8 Consultation on proposed controlled parking zones to begin
- 9 Covid outbreak at Woodford Green care home delays vaccinations
- 10 Royal Mail lists six Redbridge postcodes hit by Covid postal delays
Police have since confirmed that a man was interviewed, but that “no police action has been taken at this time”.
Shortly after being interviewed, Mr Feld claims the event organiser returned to the pub and threatened him again.
He added: “The police didn’t want to hear my side of the story, they didn’t even wait to take my statement before they decided they were not taking it any further.
“Now this group have got away with this, they could go on to do a lot worse. It’s basically a green light.”