Staff at Ilford’s Blackhorse pub terrorised by gang of 15
The manager of an Ilford pub says a lack of response from police after a gang threatened to stab him left him feeling “physically sick”.
Jonathan Feld, 46, of the Blackhorse Pub, Chapel Road, Ilford says he was confronted with a gang of around 15 men after he was forced to cancel an event due to noise issues.
Mr Feld said he arrived for work at around 6pm on Monday of last week to find some of the men behind his bar, while others locked the pub doors from the inside to prevent anybody getting in.
He says the gang was demanding the instant return of a deposit in excess of �300 that had already been partially returned in order to ease the situation, despite a 14 day return policy.
The manager, who has been running the pub for less than two months, said: “I had informed the organiser that his event would have to be rearranged and that’s when the threats started.
You may also want to watch:
“When I got to the pub, some of them were behind the bar harassing the barmaid. She was in a bit of a state.
“I managed to get to the basement and call the police, but most of them legged it when they heard the sirens.”
- 1 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford
- 2 Man charged with murder after elderly woman found dead in bathtub in Clayhall home
- 3 Ilford business owners adjust to new world on reopening
- 4 Two men arrested in Chigwell on suspicion of kidnap
- 5 Barkingside axe attack: Man arrested on suspicion of attempted murder, police appeal for witnesses
- 6 Attempted murder arrest after woman seriously injured in Barkingside
- 7 Physical and mental health long-Covid rehab programme launches in Ilford
- 8 Temporary post office to open in South Woodford
- 9 Redbridge leisure centres reopen after latest easing of restrictions
- 10 BHRUT in capsule trial for detecting colorectal cancer
Police have since confirmed that a man was interviewed, but that “no police action has been taken at this time”.
Shortly after being interviewed, Mr Feld claims the event organiser returned to the pub and threatened him again.
He added: “The police didn’t want to hear my side of the story, they didn’t even wait to take my statement before they decided they were not taking it any further.
“Now this group have got away with this, they could go on to do a lot worse. It’s basically a green light.”