South Woodford stabbing: Two men attacked after row over Mercedes crash
- Credit: Archant
A man has been stabbed and another injured after a row over a crash between two Mercedes in a quiet residential street turned violent.
The cars – an A-Class and a GLA, worth a combined £45,000 – collided just after 3pm yesterday, in Glebelands Avenue, South Woodford.
The GLA initially drove off, before speeding back and careering into the driver of the other vehicle, who had got out of his car.
The occupants of the sports car, which can go from zero to 60mph in under 10 seconds, then rushed out and reportedly stabbed the A-Class’ passenger in the ensuing altercation.
Police were called shortly after 3.15pm, and found the driver, aged 19, with a leg injury, and the passenger, aged 22, with knife wounds.
You may also want to watch:
Both have been taken to hospital, with injuries described as non-life threatening.
Officers from the East Area Command Unit are now investigating. No arrests have been made.
- 1 Safeguarding concerns at 'outstanding' Atam Academy in Chadwell Heath
- 2 Have you seen this 52-year-old man missing from Ilford?
- 3 Derelict pavilion in Goodmayes Park destroyed by fire
- 4 Have you seen this 17-year-old missing from Ilford?
- 5 Wanstead wine expert launches new shop
- 6 Welcome to Chadwell Heath Spartans, a true family football club
- 7 Growing public support for tougher pet theft sentences
- 8 Calls to extend school streets consultation
- 9 Double murder charge over stabbings, as police name victims
- 10 Royal Mail lists six Redbridge postcodes hit by Covid postal delays
The road was closed for several hours yesterday, while a forensics team and detectives combed the scene.
Residents also reported seeing police dogs on social media.
Any witnesses, or anyone with any information, is asked to contact police via 101, or via Twitter @MetCC.
To give information anonymously call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 or visit crimestoppers-uk.org.
Did you see what happened? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.