South Woodford’s Slug and Lettuce pub undergoing £200,000 refurbishment
A South Woodford pub is undergoing a £200,000 refurbishment and will reopen with a party including circus performers.
The Slug and Lettuce in George Lane closed on Sunday to allow for changes including the removal of a wall in the bar and the introduction of a new colour scheme.
The investment is from owners The Stonegate Pub Company, who also refurbished The George in High Road, South Woodford, at the end of last year.
Jonathan Horner, the pub’s general manager, said: “The team and I are delighted that The Slug and Lettuce is being transformed.
You may also want to watch:
“We are one of the most popular bars in town and the investment will hopefully attract even more guests.”
It will reopen with a party hosted by drinks brand WKD on January 25.
- 1 Two men assaulted with pole after car driven into them
- 2 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford
- 3 Hainault teen lands coveted slot on dance touring company
- 4 Waste reduction campaign launches with Redbridge fifth largest rubbish producer in England
- 5 Man in hospital after car flips over in Wanstead
- 6 Pedestrian suffers 'life-threatening head injury' in Redbridge collision
- 7 Police officer sacked after 'encouraging friend to lie about collision'
- 8 Man charged with murder after elderly woman found dead in bathtub in Clayhall home
- 9 Wanstead Market set to re-open
- 10 Music from Jessie J and Olly Murs to feature in new musical in Romford
Following the refurbishment, it will open until 1.30am on Fridays and Saturdays and themed parties are planned.
A Heroes weekend to raise money for charity Help for Heroes will be held in February.
To attend the party, email email@example.com.