South Woodford’s Slug and Lettuce pub undergoing £200,000 refurbishment
A South Woodford pub is undergoing a £200,000 refurbishment and will reopen with a party including circus performers.
The Slug and Lettuce in George Lane closed on Sunday to allow for changes including the removal of a wall in the bar and the introduction of a new colour scheme.
The investment is from owners The Stonegate Pub Company, who also refurbished The George in High Road, South Woodford, at the end of last year.
Jonathan Horner, the pub’s general manager, said: “The team and I are delighted that The Slug and Lettuce is being transformed.
“We are one of the most popular bars in town and the investment will hopefully attract even more guests.”
It will reopen with a party hosted by drinks brand WKD on January 25.
- 1 Met investigates cause of Mossford Green cemetery blaze
- 2 Girl, 17, held on suspicion of terrorism offences after east London arrest
- 3 Major tube strike to follow Queen's Platinum Jubilee long weekend
- 4 Caught on camera: 6 wanted fly-tippers and litterbugs
- 5 The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee flypast: Where, and when, the planes will fly over north and east London
- 6 Wendy's Ilford: New opening date for High Road restaurant after delay
- 7 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 8 Travel bulletin: Havering, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham
- 9 Zouma brothers to face the courts amid animal abuse allegations
- 10 Wendy's to open Ilford restaurant next week
Following the refurbishment, it will open until 1.30am on Fridays and Saturdays and themed parties are planned.
A Heroes weekend to raise money for charity Help for Heroes will be held in February.
To attend the party, email firstname.lastname@example.org.