South Woodford’s Slug and Lettuce pub undergoing £200,000 refurbishment
A South Woodford pub is undergoing a £200,000 refurbishment and will reopen with a party including circus performers.
The Slug and Lettuce in George Lane closed on Sunday to allow for changes including the removal of a wall in the bar and the introduction of a new colour scheme.
The investment is from owners The Stonegate Pub Company, who also refurbished The George in High Road, South Woodford, at the end of last year.
Jonathan Horner, the pub’s general manager, said: “The team and I are delighted that The Slug and Lettuce is being transformed.
You may also want to watch:
“We are one of the most popular bars in town and the investment will hopefully attract even more guests.”
It will reopen with a party hosted by drinks brand WKD on January 25.
- 1 Restaurant faces losing licence after allegations of illegal club nights during pandemic
- 2 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 3 Redbridge parents' group donates six new laptops to families in need
- 4 Residents furious after car park and lift flooded since before Christmas
- 5 Covid deaths increase at Queen's and King George hospitals this week
- 6 One in 20 may have had Covid-19 last week in Redbridge, Newham and Barking and Dagenham, figures suggest
- 7 Restaurant stripped of its alcohol licence
- 8 'A race against time' - 18,000 people in Redbridge have received Covid jab
- 9 Growing public support for tougher pet theft sentences
- 10 Little Gearies development plans pass following hours of discussion over Barkingside estate
Following the refurbishment, it will open until 1.30am on Fridays and Saturdays and themed parties are planned.
A Heroes weekend to raise money for charity Help for Heroes will be held in February.
To attend the party, email email@example.com.