South Woodford’s Slug and Lettuce pub undergoing £200,000 refurbishment
A South Woodford pub is undergoing a £200,000 refurbishment and will reopen with a party including circus performers.
The Slug and Lettuce in George Lane closed on Sunday to allow for changes including the removal of a wall in the bar and the introduction of a new colour scheme.
The investment is from owners The Stonegate Pub Company, who also refurbished The George in High Road, South Woodford, at the end of last year.
Jonathan Horner, the pub’s general manager, said: “The team and I are delighted that The Slug and Lettuce is being transformed.
You may also want to watch:
“We are one of the most popular bars in town and the investment will hopefully attract even more guests.”
It will reopen with a party hosted by drinks brand WKD on January 25.
- 1 'Uproar' at decision to fell protected oak tree in Hainault
- 2 Former Homebase development plans approved
- 3 Woodford Green and Forest Gate residents criticise councils over flooding
- 4 Water company apologises for phone line waits as flood response branded 'woefully inadequate'
- 5 More than £5m worth of stolen vehicles recovered in first Redbridge Action Week
- 6 Developments approved in Redbridge so far in 2021
- 7 Redbridge clean-up underway after flash floods close A&E and damage homes
- 8 Inquest: Newham driver died of 'misadventure' after Redbridge police chase
- 9 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 10 Ricardo Fuller death: Third man charged with murder
Following the refurbishment, it will open until 1.30am on Fridays and Saturdays and themed parties are planned.
A Heroes weekend to raise money for charity Help for Heroes will be held in February.
To attend the party, email firstname.lastname@example.org.