South Woodford man to stand trial for murder of woman missing since 1995
A South Woodford man has been committed for trial for the murder of a woman who went missing nearly 17 years ago.
Kevin Doherty, 57, of Sherwood Avenue, was arrested and charged yesterday with the murder of Jane Harrison, 32.
He was remanded in custody following a hearing at Barkingside Magistrates’ Court today.
Doherty is due to appear at the Old Bailey on Friday. Ms Harrison, a single mother-of-two from Highbury, was last seen in The Mall Wood Green in north London on June 15, 1995.
She was in the company of a man.
You may also want to watch:
A murder investigation was launched in August 2010 and a body has never been recovered.
Police are calling for anyone with information to contact the incident room on 020 8345 3985.
- 1 Two men assaulted with pole after car driven into them
- 2 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford
- 3 Hainault teen lands coveted slot on dance touring company
- 4 Pedestrian suffers 'life-threatening head injury' in Redbridge collision
- 5 Wanstead Market set to re-open
- 6 Man charged with murder after elderly woman found dead in bathtub in Clayhall home
- 7 Police officer sacked after 'encouraging friend to lie about collision'
- 8 Man in hospital after car flips over in Wanstead
- 9 Music from Jessie J and Olly Murs to feature in new musical in Romford
- 10 Barkingside axe attack: Man arrested on suspicion of attempted murder, police appeal for witnesses