South Woodford man to stand trial for murder of woman missing since 1995
A South Woodford man has been committed for trial for the murder of a woman who went missing nearly 17 years ago.
Kevin Doherty, 57, of Sherwood Avenue, was arrested and charged yesterday with the murder of Jane Harrison, 32.
He was remanded in custody following a hearing at Barkingside Magistrates’ Court today.
Doherty is due to appear at the Old Bailey on Friday. Ms Harrison, a single mother-of-two from Highbury, was last seen in The Mall Wood Green in north London on June 15, 1995.
She was in the company of a man.
You may also want to watch:
A murder investigation was launched in August 2010 and a body has never been recovered.
Police are calling for anyone with information to contact the incident room on 020 8345 3985.
- 1 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 2 Ilford charity opens B&M store in Newbury Park
- 3 Developments approved in Redbridge so far in 2021
- 4 Update: Missing girl, 12, found 'safe and well'
- 5 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend
- 6 Dagenham set to sign youngster Aaron Blair as McQueen to go out on loan
- 7 Primary schools in Redbridge rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 8 Man charged with Ilford robbery
- 9 Backlash as Fairlop Waters meadow turned into overflow parking
- 10 Seven Kings man charged in connection with alleged sex assault on boy