South Woodford man to stand trial for murder of woman missing since 1995
A South Woodford man has been committed for trial for the murder of a woman who went missing nearly 17 years ago.
Kevin Doherty, 57, of Sherwood Avenue, was arrested and charged yesterday with the murder of Jane Harrison, 32.
He was remanded in custody following a hearing at Barkingside Magistrates’ Court today.
Doherty is due to appear at the Old Bailey on Friday. Ms Harrison, a single mother-of-two from Highbury, was last seen in The Mall Wood Green in north London on June 15, 1995.
She was in the company of a man.
A murder investigation was launched in August 2010 and a body has never been recovered.
Police are calling for anyone with information to contact the incident room on 020 8345 3985.
- 1 Driver charged in connection with fatal collision on M11 due in court
- 2 South Woodford care home loses Good CQC rating
- 3 Men jailed for using explosives in string of ATM thefts
- 4 Ex football boss sets up fans club to increase diversity at England games
- 5 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products
- 6 Rat-running lorry drivers in Redbridge face fines of up to £130
- 7 ‘It is not tolerated’: CCTV images released after West Ham game disorder
- 8 Travel Bulletin: Havering, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham
- 9 Writer wins national prize for poetry about teaching and learning
- 10 Goodmayes 'loner' found dead in 'dilapidated' flat leaves £400k fortune