South Woodford man to stand trial for murder of woman missing since 1995
A South Woodford man has been committed for trial for the murder of a woman who went missing nearly 17 years ago.
Kevin Doherty, 57, of Sherwood Avenue, was arrested and charged yesterday with the murder of Jane Harrison, 32.
He was remanded in custody following a hearing at Barkingside Magistrates’ Court today.
Doherty is due to appear at the Old Bailey on Friday. Ms Harrison, a single mother-of-two from Highbury, was last seen in The Mall Wood Green in north London on June 15, 1995.
She was in the company of a man.
You may also want to watch:
A murder investigation was launched in August 2010 and a body has never been recovered.
Police are calling for anyone with information to contact the incident room on 020 8345 3985.
- 1 Redbridge parents' group donates six new laptops to families in need
- 2 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 3 Restaurant faces losing licence after allegations of illegal club nights during pandemic
- 4 Queen's and King George hospitals appeal for volunteers to support end of life patients
- 5 Spiritual Life: What next for the great Hindu temples of Redbridge?
- 6 Residents furious after car park and lift flooded since before Christmas
- 7 One in 20 may have had Covid-19 last week in Redbridge, Newham and Barking and Dagenham, figures suggest
- 8 Restaurant stripped of its alcohol licence
- 9 Growing public support for tougher pet theft sentences
- 10 Covid deaths increase at Queen's and King George hospitals this week