South Woodford man to stand trial for murder of woman missing since 1995
A South Woodford man has been committed for trial for the murder of a woman who went missing nearly 17 years ago.
Kevin Doherty, 57, of Sherwood Avenue, was arrested and charged yesterday with the murder of Jane Harrison, 32.
He was remanded in custody following a hearing at Barkingside Magistrates’ Court today.
Doherty is due to appear at the Old Bailey on Friday. Ms Harrison, a single mother-of-two from Highbury, was last seen in The Mall Wood Green in north London on June 15, 1995.
She was in the company of a man.
You may also want to watch:
A murder investigation was launched in August 2010 and a body has never been recovered.
Police are calling for anyone with information to contact the incident room on 020 8345 3985.
- 1 Mercato Ilford 'delayed again' as council pushes for Christmas opening
- 2 'Not acceptable': Residents mount opposition to plumbers' building plan
- 3 ‘Hard to comprehend’: MPs react as Sir David Amess dies after stabbing
- 4 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 5 'Sick and tired': More restaurants fall victim to Just Eat scammers
- 6 Cross-party group demands mayor reject Tesco Goodmayes development
- 7 Jailed: Men who laundered £25m from cash and carry warehouses
- 8 Two more police 'enforcement hubs' to open in Redbridge
- 9 Six cars damaged and lamppost felled in late-night Loxford crash
- 10 Chadwell Heath pharmacy to offer Covid-19 booster jabs with flu vaccine