South Woodford man charged with murder of woman missing since 1995
A 57-year-old South Woodford man has been charged with the murder of a woman who went missing nearly 17 years ago.
Kevin Doherty, of Sherwood Avenue, was arrested and charged yesterday with the murder of Jane Harrison, 32.
The single mother-of-two from Highbury was last seen in The Mall Wood Green in north London on June 15, 1995.
She was in the company of a man.
Doherty was due to appear at Barkingside Magistrates Court in Cranbrook Road this morning.
You may also want to watch:
A murder investigation was launched in August 2010 and a body has never been recovered.
Police are calling for anyone with information to contact the incident room on 020 8345 3985.
- 1 Two men assaulted with pole after car driven into them
- 2 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford
- 3 Fairlop Waters, numbers, NHS and child exploitation
- 4 Pedestrian suffers 'life-threatening head injury' in Redbridge collision
- 5 Police officer sacked after 'encouraging friend to lie about collision'
- 6 Hainault teen lands coveted slot on dance touring company
- 7 Man charged with murder after elderly woman found dead in bathtub in Clayhall home
- 8 Man in hospital after car flips over in Wanstead
- 9 Barkingside axe attack: Man arrested on suspicion of attempted murder, police appeal for witnesses
- 10 Two men arrested in Chigwell on suspicion of kidnap