South Woodford man charged with murder of woman missing since 1995
A 57-year-old South Woodford man has been charged with the murder of a woman who went missing nearly 17 years ago.
Kevin Doherty, of Sherwood Avenue, was arrested and charged yesterday with the murder of Jane Harrison, 32.
The single mother-of-two from Highbury was last seen in The Mall Wood Green in north London on June 15, 1995.
She was in the company of a man.
Doherty was due to appear at Barkingside Magistrates Court in Cranbrook Road this morning.
You may also want to watch:
A murder investigation was launched in August 2010 and a body has never been recovered.
Police are calling for anyone with information to contact the incident room on 020 8345 3985.
- 1 Ilford man raises awareness of 'life-saving' gadget after dad's death
- 2 Ilford Exchange Debenhams to permanently close
- 3 Funeral service for 'giant of Aldborough Hatch' Ron Jeffries to be streamed on Facebook
- 4 Woman had phone stolen at knife-point in Woodford Green
- 5 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 6 'Scrapping Universal Credit uplift will lead to poverty', MP says
- 7 Chigwell school puts pupils' baking skills to the test
- 8 Charge! New fleet of electric vehicles for Redbridge Council
- 9 Restaurant faces losing licence after allegations of illegal club nights during pandemic
- 10 Restaurant stripped of its alcohol licence