South Woodford man charged with murder of woman missing since 1995
A 57-year-old South Woodford man has been charged with the murder of a woman who went missing nearly 17 years ago.
Kevin Doherty, of Sherwood Avenue, was arrested and charged yesterday with the murder of Jane Harrison, 32.
The single mother-of-two from Highbury was last seen in The Mall Wood Green in north London on June 15, 1995.
She was in the company of a man.
Doherty was due to appear at Barkingside Magistrates Court in Cranbrook Road this morning.
You may also want to watch:
A murder investigation was launched in August 2010 and a body has never been recovered.
Police are calling for anyone with information to contact the incident room on 020 8345 3985.
- 1 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 2 Update: Missing girl, 12, found 'safe and well'
- 3 Ilford charity opens B&M store in Newbury Park
- 4 Developments approved in Redbridge so far in 2021
- 5 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend
- 6 Dagenham set to sign youngster Aaron Blair as McQueen to go out on loan
- 7 Primary schools in Redbridge rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 8 Man charged with Ilford robbery
- 9 Backlash as Fairlop Waters meadow turned into overflow parking
- 10 Seven Kings man charged in connection with alleged sex assault on boy