South Woodford club Funky Mojoe withdraws bid for later opening hours for second time in less than a fortnight
A South Woodford nightclub has withdrawn an application for later opening hours for the second time in less than a fortnight.
Funky Mojoe in High Road, South Woodford, was seeking to stay open until 2am on August 27, October 29, Christmas Day and December 27.
The venue’s management withdrew the application on August 6 before re-applying on August 9 and subsequently withdrawing the application again yesterday.
Redbridge Council’s anti-Social behaviour (noise) team had objected to the application.
As a result, a hearing would have been held to consider it.
You may also want to watch:
Neighbours of the venue have complained about late-night noise and residents’ group Woodford Action Group and the MP for Chingford and Woodford Green, Iain Duncan Smith, have called for a licence review.
The club’s management will not provide comment to the Recorder on its licensing applications.
- 1 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 2 Developments approved in Redbridge so far in 2021
- 3 Ilford charity opens B&M store in Newbury Park
- 4 Redbridge clean-up underway after flash floods close A&E and damage homes
- 5 Update: Missing girl, 12, found 'safe and well'
- 6 Backlash as Fairlop Waters meadow turned into overflow parking
- 7 Dagenham set to sign youngster Aaron Blair as McQueen to go out on loan
- 8 Ceiling panels collapse and operations cancelled at hospital after flooding
- 9 Man charged with Ilford robbery
- 10 Patients urged to avoid Whipps Cross A&E after flooding