South Woodford club Funky Mojoe withdraws bid for later opening hours for second time in less than a fortnight
A South Woodford nightclub has withdrawn an application for later opening hours for the second time in less than a fortnight.
Funky Mojoe in High Road, South Woodford, was seeking to stay open until 2am on August 27, October 29, Christmas Day and December 27.
The venue’s management withdrew the application on August 6 before re-applying on August 9 and subsequently withdrawing the application again yesterday.
Redbridge Council’s anti-Social behaviour (noise) team had objected to the application.
As a result, a hearing would have been held to consider it.
You may also want to watch:
Neighbours of the venue have complained about late-night noise and residents’ group Woodford Action Group and the MP for Chingford and Woodford Green, Iain Duncan Smith, have called for a licence review.
The club’s management will not provide comment to the Recorder on its licensing applications.
- 1 Residents complain their Ilford street now 'full of crime'
- 2 Sadiq Khan comes to Redbridge ahead of London elections
- 3 Labour leader Sir Keir Starmer visits Redbridge on campaign trail
- 4 Loxford and Seven Kings by-election candidates make case for your vote
- 5 Ricardo Fuller death: Man charged with murder
- 6 Consultation launches on plans to move preschool and open excluded pupils facility at youth centre
- 7 Fire damages Ilford flats
- 8 Counsellor offers group therapy for fellow parents grieving loss of child
- 9 Community group founder calls for mandatory ethnic pay gap reporting
- 10 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford