South Woodford club Funky Mojoe withdraws bid for later opening hours for second time in less than a fortnight
A South Woodford nightclub has withdrawn an application for later opening hours for the second time in less than a fortnight.
Funky Mojoe in High Road, South Woodford, was seeking to stay open until 2am on August 27, October 29, Christmas Day and December 27.
The venue’s management withdrew the application on August 6 before re-applying on August 9 and subsequently withdrawing the application again yesterday.
Redbridge Council’s anti-Social behaviour (noise) team had objected to the application.
As a result, a hearing would have been held to consider it.
You may also want to watch:
Neighbours of the venue have complained about late-night noise and residents’ group Woodford Action Group and the MP for Chingford and Woodford Green, Iain Duncan Smith, have called for a licence review.
The club’s management will not provide comment to the Recorder on its licensing applications.
- 1 Mercato Ilford 'delayed again' as council pushes for Christmas opening
- 2 'Not acceptable': Residents mount opposition to plumbers' building plan
- 3 ‘Hard to comprehend’: MPs react as Sir David Amess dies after stabbing
- 4 Cross-party group demands mayor reject Tesco Goodmayes development
- 5 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 6 'Sick and tired': More restaurants fall victim to Just Eat scammers
- 7 Two more police 'enforcement hubs' to open in Redbridge
- 8 Six cars damaged and lamppost felled in late-night Loxford crash
- 9 Chadwell Heath pharmacy to offer Covid-19 booster jabs with flu vaccine
- 10 Jailed: Men who laundered £25m from cash and carry warehouses