South Woodford church hall call to rename rooms at refurbished building
- Credit: Archant
A church is hoping to name rooms at its refurbished hall after some of the borough’s most notable figures.
Trustees at Woodford Parish Church Memorial Hall, High Road South Woodford, are calling on the public to pick four names from the 12 that have been shortlisted, on Saturday, February 20.
The list, decided on by the trustees, include former prime minister Clement Attlee, former rector of St Mary’s Church in South Woodford Rev Bob Birchnall, and artist Wynne Ludlow.
Chairman of trustees Rev Ian Tarrant said: “By naming the rooms in the building the trustees want to help modern Woodford value and celebrate this building, and at the same time to honour people who have served Woodford in the past.”
Voting will take place between 11am and 4pm. Postal votes will be accepted but must be received by 4pm that day.
You may also want to watch:
The hall will also be holding an exhibition of the history of the hall and its notable people, with drama by young people from the area.
To see the full list of the names visit facebook.com/woodfordmemorialhall
- 1 Safeguarding concerns at 'outstanding' Chadwell Heath academy
- 2 Growing public support for tougher pet theft sentences
- 3 Police and council join forces to help raise Covid awareness
- 4 Council must pay £4,500 for failing disabled brothers
- 5 Derelict pavilion in Goodmayes Park destroyed by fire
- 6 Have you seen this 52-year-old man missing from Ilford?
- 7 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 8 Consultation on proposed controlled parking zones to begin
- 9 Covid outbreak at Woodford Green care home delays vaccinations
- 10 Royal Mail lists six Redbridge postcodes hit by Covid postal delays