South Woodford church hall call to rename rooms at refurbished building
- Credit: Archant
A church is hoping to name rooms at its refurbished hall after some of the borough’s most notable figures.
Trustees at Woodford Parish Church Memorial Hall, High Road South Woodford, are calling on the public to pick four names from the 12 that have been shortlisted, on Saturday, February 20.
The list, decided on by the trustees, include former prime minister Clement Attlee, former rector of St Mary’s Church in South Woodford Rev Bob Birchnall, and artist Wynne Ludlow.
Chairman of trustees Rev Ian Tarrant said: “By naming the rooms in the building the trustees want to help modern Woodford value and celebrate this building, and at the same time to honour people who have served Woodford in the past.”
Voting will take place between 11am and 4pm. Postal votes will be accepted but must be received by 4pm that day.
You may also want to watch:
The hall will also be holding an exhibition of the history of the hall and its notable people, with drama by young people from the area.
To see the full list of the names visit facebook.com/woodfordmemorialhall
- 1 Sadiq Khan comes to Redbridge ahead of London elections
- 2 Man airlifted to hospital after Gants Hill house fire
- 3 Residents complain their Ilford street now 'full of crime'
- 4 Ricardo Fuller death: Man charged with murder
- 5 Four further arrests in connection with Sven Badzak stabbing
- 6 Loxford and Seven Kings by-election candidates make case for your vote
- 7 Consultation launches on plans to move preschool and open excluded pupils facility at youth centre
- 8 Fire damages Ilford flats
- 9 Labour leader Sir Keir Starmer visits Redbridge on campaign trail