South Woodford church hall call to rename rooms at refurbished building
- Credit: Archant
A church is hoping to name rooms at its refurbished hall after some of the borough’s most notable figures.
Trustees at Woodford Parish Church Memorial Hall, High Road South Woodford, are calling on the public to pick four names from the 12 that have been shortlisted, on Saturday, February 20.
The list, decided on by the trustees, include former prime minister Clement Attlee, former rector of St Mary’s Church in South Woodford Rev Bob Birchnall, and artist Wynne Ludlow.
Chairman of trustees Rev Ian Tarrant said: “By naming the rooms in the building the trustees want to help modern Woodford value and celebrate this building, and at the same time to honour people who have served Woodford in the past.”
Voting will take place between 11am and 4pm. Postal votes will be accepted but must be received by 4pm that day.
You may also want to watch:
The hall will also be holding an exhibition of the history of the hall and its notable people, with drama by young people from the area.
To see the full list of the names visit facebook.com/woodfordmemorialhall
- 1 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 2 Developments approved in Redbridge so far in 2021
- 3 Ilford charity opens B&M store in Newbury Park
- 4 Update: Missing girl, 12, found 'safe and well'
- 5 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend
- 6 Dagenham set to sign youngster Aaron Blair as McQueen to go out on loan
- 7 Primary schools in Redbridge rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 8 Man charged with Ilford robbery
- 9 Backlash as Fairlop Waters meadow turned into overflow parking
- 10 Redbridge clean-up underway after flash floods close A&E and damage homes