Chadwell Heath stabbing: 14-year-old is sixth person to be arrested on suspicion of murder
- Credit: Met Police
Detectives made a sixth arrest as part of the investigation into the murder of Lyndon Davis.
The 14-year-old was arrested at an address in Ilford on the morning of Thursday, May 31 on suspicion of the murder of 18-year-old Lyndon Davis.
He was taken into custody at an east London police station and has been bailed to a date in late June.
A murder investigation was launched after police were called at around 11.30pm on Wednesday, March 14 to reports of an assault.
On the night of the murder, officers found Lyndon suffering from a stabbing injury nearby Nash Road, Chadwell Heath.
He was taken to an east London hospital where he later died.
A post-mortem examination held on Friday, 16 March gave cause of death as stab injuries.
- 1 Arrest made after man falls from height during forced entry incident
- 2 Keith Prince to keep fighting as plans to develop former Homebase inch closer
- 3 Man attacked with machete before falling from height in Wanstead
- 4 Judicial review could 'stop GP surgery privatisation'
- 5 Gallery: Hidden photos reveal London's East End in the 1960s
- 6 Updated number of unvaccinated King George and Queen's hospital staff revealed as deadline looms
- 7 Jailed: Teen who inflicted life-changing injuries as he squirted acid in boy's face
- 8 Covid patients numbers declining in east London hospitals
- 9 Funding problems throw timeline of new Whipps Cross hospital into doubt
- 10 Woodford Green teen to play at orchestral concert
A 34-year-old man was arrested during the early stages of the investigation on suspicion of murder.
He was bailed until a date in mid-April and released under investigation while enquiries continue.
A 17-year-old boy was arrested on Sunday, April 1.
Two other boys aged 15 and 16 were then arrested on Monday, April 2.
All three were taken to a police station for questioning before being bailed to return to east London police stations on a date in mid-April.
They have since been bailed to a date in late June.
Finally, a 16-year-old boy was arrested on Wednesday, May 30.
He was taken to an east London police station where he remains in custody
Any witnesses or anyone with any information is asked to contact the incident room on 020 8721 4868 or contact via Twitter @MetCC.
To give information anonymously contact Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 or online at crimestoppers-uk.org.