Update: Sixth arrest following killing of Michael Ugwa
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
A sixth person has been arrested following the fatal stabbing of Rainham father-of-three Michael Ugwa.
So far, three people have been charged, two women released under investigation and a 23-year-old man released without charge.
Michael, 29, was subjected to an attack which led to his death at Lakeside shopping centre in Thurrock - on April 28.
Two men have been charged with murder and affray; 21-year-old Muhammad Khan, of no fixed address, Ilford, and Brandon Lutchmunsing, 19, of Grafton Way in Dagenham.
Twenty-year-old Shannon Weston, of Paddocks Close, Canewdon, was also charged, with assisting an offender.
On May 18, a 21-year-old woman from Woodford Green became the most recent person to be arrested, on suspicion of assisting an offender.
She has since been released under investigation.
- 1 Man dies after being found unresponsive in Valentines Park
- 2 Air ambulance lands after man stabbed in South Woodford
- 3 Man denies committing GBH during alleged robbery at Barkingside Tesco
- 4 Homes under the Planner: Applications approved or refused in Redbridge
- 5 How many Covid patients are in hospital in east London this week?
- 6 Guilty: Hainault man admits traffic light stabbing
- 7 Teen found guilty of robbing boy, 12, in Romford while carrying knife
- 8 Making Ilford a 'destination of choice': What is being done to help the town centre thrive?
- 9 Second Redbridge care home struck by fire caused by discarded cigarettes
- 10 Goodmayes fatal stabbing: Double murder trial set to open
Lutchmunsing and Weston have not yet entered any pleas with both remanded in custody until a plea hearing on July 1 at Basildon Crown Court.
Khan has been remanded into custody and no pleas have been entered. He is due to stand trial at Basildon Crown Court in April 2023.