Shock over stab murder in Valentines Road, Ilford
- Credit: Archant
Residents have reacted with shock at the news of two deaths following a stabbing in Ilford as police confirm they are not hunting for suspects.
A woman in her 20s was murdered in Valentines Road on Friday evening. An hour and a half later, police found a man who later died collapsed one street away - in Auckland Road.
The pair were not related but knew each other, Scotland Yard said, and the force is “not looking for anyone else in connection with the incident”.
Writing on Facebook, Raheela Chaudhri said: “Omg so close to home.” Rubz Capricon posted: “Near to my home. Terrible.”
Vaishali L Jamnadas said: “What is happening to the world? Murders happening everyday.”
You may also want to watch:
Gavin Mooney wrote: “I used to live in this road, but now live at the start of The Drive a few roads away.
“The stabbings etc used to more often than not happen towards the Barking / Ilford Lane end of Ilford.
- 1 Ilford man raises awareness of 'life-saving' gadget after dad's death
- 2 Owner who posted video of his restaurant defying Covid rules loses licence
- 3 Woman had phone stolen at knife-point in Woodford Green
- 4 Fire breaks out at care home under renovation in Newbury Park
- 5 Ilford Exchange Debenhams to permanently close
- 6 Plans for 66ft 5G mast in Goodmayes alarms residents
- 7 Tributes paid to Ilford jazz legend Keith Nichols, who died from Covid
- 8 Restaurant faces losing licence after allegations of illegal club nights during pandemic
- 9 Funeral service for 'giant of Aldborough Hatch' Ron Jeffries to be streamed on Facebook
- 10 Have you seen this 17-year-old missing from Wanstead?
“Last thing I expect is to have it happening up this end. Nowhere is safe these days...”
Police said they were called to a stabbing in Valentines Road at about 5.30pm on Friday. Medics fought to save the woman’s life but she was pronounced dead on arrival at hospital.
At 7pm, officers were called to reports of a man collapsed in Auckland Road. Also in his 20s, the man was pronounced dead en route to hospital.