Shock over stab murder in Valentines Road, Ilford
- Credit: Archant
Residents have reacted with shock at the news of two deaths following a stabbing in Ilford as police confirm they are not hunting for suspects.
A woman in her 20s was murdered in Valentines Road on Friday evening. An hour and a half later, police found a man who later died collapsed one street away - in Auckland Road.
The pair were not related but knew each other, Scotland Yard said, and the force is “not looking for anyone else in connection with the incident”.
Writing on Facebook, Raheela Chaudhri said: “Omg so close to home.” Rubz Capricon posted: “Near to my home. Terrible.”
Vaishali L Jamnadas said: “What is happening to the world? Murders happening everyday.”
You may also want to watch:
Gavin Mooney wrote: “I used to live in this road, but now live at the start of The Drive a few roads away.
“The stabbings etc used to more often than not happen towards the Barking / Ilford Lane end of Ilford.
- 1 Young Citizen: Ilford student who assisted at crash campaigns for more first aid
- 2 Sam Tarry MP urges Sadiq Khan to block Goodmayes Tesco development
- 3 Barkingside man charged with intending to supply cannabis
- 4 Protestors decry 'privatisation' of NHS outside Loxford Practice
- 5 'I convened a meeting for residents and businesses in the York Road area'
- 6 Charity urges council to tackle alleged Ilford Lane anti-social behaviour
- 7 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 8 Redbridge issued more than 2,800 Blue Badge fines in 2020, data shows
- 9 More than £5m worth of stolen vehicles recovered in first Redbridge Action Week
- 10 Council leader urges government to fund flood prevention measures
“Last thing I expect is to have it happening up this end. Nowhere is safe these days...”
Police said they were called to a stabbing in Valentines Road at about 5.30pm on Friday. Medics fought to save the woman’s life but she was pronounced dead on arrival at hospital.
At 7pm, officers were called to reports of a man collapsed in Auckland Road. Also in his 20s, the man was pronounced dead en route to hospital.