Seven Kings train pervert jailed and banned from Tube after following and touching women
- Credit: Archant
A Seven Kings man who followed and “inappropriately touched” women on the Tube has been banned from trains and jailed for a year.
Mobeen Ul Haq, 27, of Elmstead Road, was sentenced at Blackfriars Crown Court on Monday for four counts of sexual assault and one of outraging public decency.
He denied all charges but was found guilty at trial.
Haq will be on the sex offenders register for 10 years and will not be able to travel on the London Underground or mainline trains between Liverpool Street and Goodmayes for five years.
British Transport Police said he was travelling between Chancery Lane and Oxford Circus on the tube on May 17 last year when he stood close behind a 39-year-old passenger and “inappropriately touched her”.
You may also want to watch:
He followed her after she got off the train at Oxford Circus and touched her again on the platform but the victim confronted him and reported him to staff.
On May 21, he touched another woman, aged 37, on the train between Tottenham Court Road and St Paul’s and again as she walked up an escalator.
- 1 Police appeal to find girl, 12, last seen in Wanstead Park
- 2 Man charged with Ilford robbery
- 3 Primary schools in Redbridge rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 4 Seven Kings man charged in connection with alleged sex assault on boy
- 5 East London road and rail disruptions to travel this weekend
- 6 Walk-in Covid vaccinations on offer at Valentines Park health fair
- 7 Ilford mother 'could have been saved' and NHS 'failed' her, family tells inquest
- 8 Man wanted for allegedly driving 'recklessly' in Ilford with baby in car
- 9 Update: Man charged in connection with alleged sex assault
- 10 Plans for retail park development move step closer
And on June 7, he sat opposite a 35-year-old woman on a train from Goodmayes to Liverpool Street and touched himself for the whole journey.
The victim filmed him on her mobile phone and Haq was identified later that month by police while “acting” suspiciously at Chancery Lane station.
Investigating officer PC Anna Fisk said: “Haq was a prolific offender and is now in jail and banned from the rail network for his disgusting behaviour.
“While this type of offence is extremely rare, we know that it’s an extremely upsetting and intimidating experience for anyone who is a victim.”
She encouraged victims of any unwanted sexual behaviour to report it to police.