Seven Kings shopkeeper tells of ‘carnival’ party-goers chaos after stabbing

Cameron Road, Seven Kings. Picture: Google Street View

Cameron Road, Seven Kings. Picture: Google Street View - Credit: Archant

Shopkeepers have spoken of the chaos that ensued following an incident believed to have taken place at the Shannon Centre in Seven Kings.

A woman believed to have attended the venue in Cameron Road was stabbed in the early hours of Sunday morning.

Vijay Jayaraja of Town Shop, Cameron Road, said that there was about 200 to 300 people outside the building, which houses Berties nightclub, O’Connors bar and the Rayyan Banqueting Lounge, when he arrived to open up for 5am on Sunday.

The banqueting suite is the only business in operation at the building – the two others closed down earlier this year following a licencing review after gun shots were fired outside the venue in June.

Speaking about the latest incident, Vijay said: “They had a party at the banqueting hall.

“People were running around outside and they were even having a barbecue out in the street – it was like a carnival.

“I called the police because I needed to open the shop and at around 9am they put the police tapes up. At 10am they asked me to put my shutters down until 3pm when they let me open up again.”

Most Read

Salamon Khan, of Gadget 4 Exchange, said: “I heard there was a wedding, there was about 200 people – there was a lot of shouting.”

Asgar Ali, of Super Shop, said: “I believe it actually happened behind the Shannon Centre. These things are such a frequent occurrence, we’re quite immune to it now.”

Officers were called to the venue at 4.57am yesterday to reports of a disturbance.

Police say officers attended and that a number of people left the venue once officers had arrived.

No offences were disclosed and no one was found to be injured at the location.

At 5.57am police were made aware that a 29-year-old woman had attended an east London hospital suffering from stab wounds.

The woman is believed to have attended the venue prior to going to hospital.

She remains in hospital in a stable condition.

Detectives are investigating and enquiries continue.

No arrests have been made.