Seven Kings shooting victim still in hospital and no suspects four months after shock attack
- Credit: Archant
The man shot during a car chase in Seven Kings last year is still in hospital after police released the only suspects arrested in nearly four months.
Two men, aged 26 and 28 from the E12 area, were arrested on suspicion of possessing a firearm with intent to endanger life just three days after the incident but were released from bail without further action last week.
A 27-year-old man was shot as he was travelling in a car with others near the junction of Aldborough Road South, Meads Lane and St Johns Road on September 21.
He suffered one gunshot wound and his condition is described as “stable”.
According to witnesses, the car had been chased by two men on a motorbike before the shooting around 5pm.
You may also want to watch:
A shopkeeper, who did not want to be identified, said: “There were two boys on motorbikes and one got off and fired four shots at the car.
“It was the people in the back that were shot and the driver drove away.”
- 1 Mercato Ilford 'delayed again' as council pushes for Christmas opening
- 2 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 3 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 4 'Not acceptable': Residents mount opposition to plumbers' building plan
- 5 Jailed: Men who laundered £25m from cash and carry warehouses
- 6 Two more police 'enforcement hubs' to open in Redbridge
- 7 The most expensive houses sold in your east London borough in August
- 8 Cross-party group demands mayor reject Tesco Goodmayes development
- 9 Police warn of 'violence, urination' as takeaway applies for late licence
- 10 Young Citizen nominee: Esha, 4, who inspired thousands to join bone marrow donor list
The daylight shooting was by a row of shops, Downshall Primary School and St John the Evangelist church.
People who work in the row of businesses by the scene of the shooting have told of their disbelief at the attack.
Rukhsana Zahoor was working in Saba Beauty Salon, in Aldborough Road South, when she heard the shots fired.
She said: “I heard something I thought might be fireworks and one of my colleague said it was gunshots.
“I said it couldn’t be, who would be shooting a gun around here?
“The area seems to be becoming quite dangerous.”
Two doors down at Aldborough Estates, a worker was in the back room when the attack happened.
Estate agent Bob Singh said: “It was unusual to say the least, it’s not the kind of thing that happens around here.
“It seemed quite opportunistic the way they shot him in the car.
“I think they were just shooting through, it was the wrong place at the wrong time.”
Police have not confirmed whether the attack was gang related.
Detectives from Trident, the Metropolitan Police’s gang and gun crime division, were looking for information on a red and white “high-powered” motorbike allegedly used by two men pursuing the victim.
Anyone with information about the shooting should call the incident room on 020 8217 7381 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.