Seven Kings man will be sentenced today for running cockfights from his home
- Credit: Archant
A Seven Kings man will be sentenced today for turning his home into a cockfighting den where visitors watched the cruel acts.
People travelled from as far as Coventry to watch the bloody bouts take place at Mohammed Asab’s house in Water Lane.
Police officers uncovered shocking evidence of cockfighting during a visit to his home on January 2.
Last month the 51-year-old was found guilty of causing an animal fight to take place, keeping and training an animal for use in connection with an animal fight, and keeping premises for use for an animal fight.
Mohamed Arif, 43, of Fairfield Road, Ilford; Akhtar Hussain, 47, of Greenhill Grove, Manor Park; Mehtab Ahmed, 41, of Celebration Way, Chingford; and Altaf Hussain, 54, of Parkstone Road, Coventry, were all found guilty of being present at an animal fight involving cockerels.
You may also want to watch:
The 17-year-old was granted conditional discharge and a fine of £180.
The men will be sentenced at Barkingside Magistrates Court this afternoon.
- 1 Best places to have a curry in Redbridge as chosen by readers
- 2 Coffee fanatics to open 'lively' new coffee shop in Redbridge
- 3 'Last of a dying breed': Ilford pub scoops readers' vote honour
- 4 Homebuilder steps back from proposals over rising projected costs
- 5 Medics treat six people after three-car crash in Ilford
- 6 Council seeks public input after York Road anti-social behaviour concerns
- 7 Ilford care home nominated for two national awards
- 8 Three new items Redbridge residents can recycle
- 9 Valentines Park bench dedicated to couple described as 'pillars of community'
- 10 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash