Seven Kings man will be sentenced today for running cockfights from his home
- Credit: Archant
A Seven Kings man will be sentenced today for turning his home into a cockfighting den where visitors watched the cruel acts.
People travelled from as far as Coventry to watch the bloody bouts take place at Mohammed Asab’s house in Water Lane.
Police officers uncovered shocking evidence of cockfighting during a visit to his home on January 2.
Last month the 51-year-old was found guilty of causing an animal fight to take place, keeping and training an animal for use in connection with an animal fight, and keeping premises for use for an animal fight.
Mohamed Arif, 43, of Fairfield Road, Ilford; Akhtar Hussain, 47, of Greenhill Grove, Manor Park; Mehtab Ahmed, 41, of Celebration Way, Chingford; and Altaf Hussain, 54, of Parkstone Road, Coventry, were all found guilty of being present at an animal fight involving cockerels.
You may also want to watch:
The 17-year-old was granted conditional discharge and a fine of £180.
The men will be sentenced at Barkingside Magistrates Court this afternoon.
- 1 Murder probe launched after mother-of-two’s body found in Chadwell Heath
- 2 Election 2021: Live updates for London Assembly, Loxford and Seven Kings
- 3 Man wanted in connection with dangerous driving incident in Newbury Park
- 4 'No stone will be left unturned' to find killer of Maria Jane Rawlings
- 5 Woman's body found in Chadwell Heath
- 6 Man stabbed in Goodmayes
- 7 Ilford mosque attendees attacked with eggs and stones
- 8 Police car flips over in Chadwell Heath collision
- 9 Mosque director: Ilford egg attack highlights Islamophobia Muslims face
- 10 Detectives hunt for knifepoint phone robber in Woodford Green