Seven Kings man will be sentenced today for running cockfights from his home
- Credit: Archant
A Seven Kings man will be sentenced today for turning his home into a cockfighting den where visitors watched the cruel acts.
People travelled from as far as Coventry to watch the bloody bouts take place at Mohammed Asab’s house in Water Lane.
Police officers uncovered shocking evidence of cockfighting during a visit to his home on January 2.
Last month the 51-year-old was found guilty of causing an animal fight to take place, keeping and training an animal for use in connection with an animal fight, and keeping premises for use for an animal fight.
Mohamed Arif, 43, of Fairfield Road, Ilford; Akhtar Hussain, 47, of Greenhill Grove, Manor Park; Mehtab Ahmed, 41, of Celebration Way, Chingford; and Altaf Hussain, 54, of Parkstone Road, Coventry, were all found guilty of being present at an animal fight involving cockerels.
You may also want to watch:
The 17-year-old was granted conditional discharge and a fine of £180.
The men will be sentenced at Barkingside Magistrates Court this afternoon.
- 1 Ilford Exchange Debenhams to permanently close
- 2 Funeral service for 'giant of Aldborough Hatch' Ron Jeffries to be streamed on Facebook
- 3 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 4 Charge! New fleet of electric vehicles for Redbridge Council
- 5 Spiritual Life: What next for the great Hindu temples of Redbridge?
- 6 Restaurant faces losing licence after allegations of illegal club nights during pandemic
- 7 Chigwell school puts pupils' baking skills to the test
- 8 'Scrapping Universal Credit uplift will lead to poverty', MP says
- 9 Residents furious after car park and lift flooded since before Christmas
- 10 Restaurant stripped of its alcohol licence