Seven Kings man will be sentenced today for running cockfights from his home
- Credit: Archant
A Seven Kings man will be sentenced today for turning his home into a cockfighting den where visitors watched the cruel acts.
People travelled from as far as Coventry to watch the bloody bouts take place at Mohammed Asab’s house in Water Lane.
Police officers uncovered shocking evidence of cockfighting during a visit to his home on January 2.
Last month the 51-year-old was found guilty of causing an animal fight to take place, keeping and training an animal for use in connection with an animal fight, and keeping premises for use for an animal fight.
Mohamed Arif, 43, of Fairfield Road, Ilford; Akhtar Hussain, 47, of Greenhill Grove, Manor Park; Mehtab Ahmed, 41, of Celebration Way, Chingford; and Altaf Hussain, 54, of Parkstone Road, Coventry, were all found guilty of being present at an animal fight involving cockerels.
The 17-year-old was granted conditional discharge and a fine of £180.
They were due to be sentenced on December 7 but the case was adjourned for pre sentence reports and for the defendants to attend.
- 1 40 firefighters tackle blaze after boiler catches on fire
- 2 Wendy's Ilford: New opening date for High Road restaurant after delay
- 3 Woman arrested after crashing in garden wall in Woodford Green
- 4 Schools and staff across east London up for national awards
- 5 Dispersal order enforced in parts of Gants Hill, Clayhall and Barkingside
- 6 Wendy's to open Ilford restaurant next week
- 7 'Staffing crisis' means children's hospice cannot offer end of life care
- 8 TfL: Revamped Northern line latest addition to ever-improving network
- 9 Jailed: 'Selfish' 135mph driver spotted speeding on M11 near Woodford
- 10 Ilford man dies after M11 crash near Chigwell
The men will now be sentenced at Barkingside Magistrates Court this afternoon.