Seven Kings man will be sentenced today for running cockfights from his home
- Credit: Archant
A Seven Kings man will be sentenced today for turning his home into a cockfighting den where visitors watched the cruel acts.
People travelled from as far as Coventry to watch the bloody bouts take place at Mohammed Asab’s house in Water Lane.
Police officers uncovered shocking evidence of cockfighting during a visit to his home on January 2.
Last month the 51-year-old was found guilty of causing an animal fight to take place, keeping and training an animal for use in connection with an animal fight, and keeping premises for use for an animal fight.
Mohamed Arif, 43, of Fairfield Road, Ilford; Akhtar Hussain, 47, of Greenhill Grove, Manor Park; Mehtab Ahmed, 41, of Celebration Way, Chingford; and Altaf Hussain, 54, of Parkstone Road, Coventry, were all found guilty of being present at an animal fight involving cockerels.
You may also want to watch:
The 17-year-old was granted conditional discharge and a fine of £180.
They were due to be sentenced on December 7 but the case was adjourned for pre sentence reports and for the defendants to attend.
- 1 Residents complain their Ilford street now 'full of crime'
- 2 Ricardo Fuller death: Man charged with murder
- 3 Labour leader Sir Keir Starmer visits Redbridge on campaign trail
- 4 Fire damages Ilford flats
- 5 Former Ilford South MP opens up on Labour departure in new book
- 6 Tributes to police officer killed in Ilford on 26th anniversary of death
- 7 Fairlop Waters, numbers, NHS and child exploitation
- 8 Have you seen Chantel, 15, missing from Ilford?
- 9 Covid hospital admissions and deaths in stark decline, NHS trust data shows
- 10 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford
The men will now be sentenced at Barkingside Magistrates Court this afternoon.