Seven Kings man accused of ‘groping women on Tube’ and ‘pleasuring himself’
A suspected pervert accused of groping women on the Tube and pleasuring himself in front of passengers has appeared in court.
Mobeen Haq, 26, of Elmstead Road, Seven Kings, is accused of molesting four women while they travelled on the Central Line through London at night.
Prosecutors also say Haq exposed himself on a Greater Anglia train service from Goodmayes to Liverpool Street.
Haq appeared at Westminster Magistrates’ Court this morning to be told his case would be heard at a crown court later this month.
Wearing a dark coat over a bright orange T-shirt, Haq spoke only to confirm his name and address. He has not yet entered a plea to the charges.
He is accused of sexually assaulting two women on June 21 this year, and groping a further two women less than a month later, on July 17.
He is also accused of outraging public decency while allegedly masturbating on June 7, 2012.
- 1 Search continues for man who fled scene of Loxford stabbing
- 2 Update on search for older man walking barefoot along Chigwell Road
- 3 Fairlop Waters car park to transform into ice-rink for Christmas
- 4 Missing man seen on Chigwell Road found 'safe and well'
- 5 Covid survivor, 16, urges people to get jabbed after months in hospital
- 6 Nine rescue pets looking for homes this Christmas in east London
- 7 Masks, PCR tests and boosters: New measures to combat Omicron variant
- 8 Warning issued over fake Omicron variant test scam
- 9 What are the chances of a white Christmas in London?
- 10 Waitrose and Halfords recall items over health and safety concerns
Haq will appear at Blackfriars Crown Court on October 31 when he is due to enter a plea to the five charges.
He has been freed on bail provided he does not contact any of his alleged victims and stays at his home address.
Haq is also banned from using the Tube or trains except for visiting his solicitor or attending court, and must not use public transport between 9pm and 7.30am.