Seven Kings GP fondled erectile dysfunction patients, court told
- Credit: Getty Images
A GP fondled two patients while treating them for erectile dysfunction, a court heard today.
Dr Ferdinand Cruz, 49, is accused of repeatedly groping the men during private consultations at his surgery in The Doctors House, Cameron Road, Seven Kings.
The alleged victims, both in their 20s, were “humiliated” by the attacks after consulting their doctor about sensitive medical issues, the Old Bailey was told.
Jurors heard one was so embarrassed and ashamed he was forced to take time off work and went to Saudi Arabia.
Prosecutor Felicia Davey said: “Dr Cruz took advantage of the vulnerable situation both patients found themselves in, in the full knowledge that what he was doing was not appropriate medical treatment.”
You may also want to watch:
The first victim, aged 25, saw Dr Cruz, of Balgores Lane, Gidea Park, in October 2010 when he took urine samples and asked him to perform a solo sex act before sexually assaulting him, jurors heard.
He repeated the attack at a second consultation the next month, it is claimed, and at a third, Dr Cruz allegedly told the patient to perform a sex act on himself, saying he “needed to see it”.
- 1 Cost of damage runs into thousands as Clayhall street clears up after floods
- 2 Barkingside man arrested on suspicion of firearms offences
- 3 Ilford charity opens B&M store in Newbury Park
- 4 Engineering student wins place at Princeton University
- 5 Redbridge clean-up underway after flash floods close A&E and damage homes
- 6 Olympian-trained South Woodford sprinter, 8, breaks record in Manchester
- 7 Developments approved in Redbridge so far in 2021
- 8 'Darkest days of my life': Six-year-old diagnosed with rare condition suffers OCD, anxiety and depressive symptoms
- 9 The Sikh Network on grieving in lockdown and death 'as a process of life'
- 10 Hospital visitors urged to take Covid lateral flow tests
The second victim, also 25, went to Dr Cruz in early 2012 for treatment of erectile dysfunction and other issues.
Dr Cruz allegedly asked if he “would like some help” before molesting him, and carried out similar assaults during two other appointments.
The victim who flew to Saudi Arabia reported what happened to staff at Queen’s hospital in Romford on his return.
The other man had already complained to police after confiding in his girlfriend and mother.
In July Dr Cruz was arrested and denied the allegations, saying he was “surprised and shocked” the patients had complained.
He denies six counts of sexual assault.
The trial continues.