Serving officer and Redbridge and Stratford men charged with conspiracy to acquire criminal property
- Credit: PA WIRE
A serving police officer is among five people including men from Redbridge and Stratford to be charged with conspiracy to criminally acquire cash.
Between January 1 and July 8 the group are charged with conspiring together and with others to acquire criminal property, namely cash.
Serving officer Pc Kashif Mahmood, 31, of Central East BCU, which covers Hackney and Tower Hamlets, was charged with conspiracy to acquire criminal property, contrary to section 1(1) of the Criminal Law Act 1977.
Moshin Khan, 35, of Babbacombe Gardens, Redbridge, Shazad Khan, 32, also of Babbacombe Gardens, Shabaz Khan, 32, of Lime Grove, Hainault and Ioan Ghergel, 33, of Stratford were all charged with conspiracy to acquire criminal property.
Shabaz Khan was also charged with possession of criminal property and possession of cannabis, a class B drug, with intent to supply.
You may also want to watch:
The five men are due to appear at Westminster Magistrates’ Court today (Wednesday, July 8).
The charges follow an investigation by the Directorate of Professional Standards’ anti-corruption command.
- 1 Young Citizen: Ilford student who assisted at crash campaigns for more first aid
- 2 Sam Tarry MP urges Sadiq Khan to block Goodmayes Tesco development
- 3 Barkingside man charged with intending to supply cannabis
- 4 Protestors decry 'privatisation' of NHS outside Loxford Practice
- 5 'I convened a meeting for residents and businesses in the York Road area'
- 6 Charity urges council to tackle alleged Ilford Lane anti-social behaviour
- 7 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 8 Redbridge issued more than 2,800 Blue Badge fines in 2020, data shows
- 9 More than £5m worth of stolen vehicles recovered in first Redbridge Action Week
- 10 Council leader urges government to fund flood prevention measures