Serving officer and Redbridge and Stratford men charged with conspiracy to acquire criminal property
- Credit: PA WIRE
A serving police officer is among five people including men from Redbridge and Stratford to be charged with conspiracy to criminally acquire cash.
Between January 1 and July 8 the group are charged with conspiring together and with others to acquire criminal property, namely cash.
Serving officer Pc Kashif Mahmood, 31, of Central East BCU, which covers Hackney and Tower Hamlets, was charged with conspiracy to acquire criminal property, contrary to section 1(1) of the Criminal Law Act 1977.
Moshin Khan, 35, of Babbacombe Gardens, Redbridge, Shazad Khan, 32, also of Babbacombe Gardens, Shabaz Khan, 32, of Lime Grove, Hainault and Ioan Ghergel, 33, of Stratford were all charged with conspiracy to acquire criminal property.
Shabaz Khan was also charged with possession of criminal property and possession of cannabis, a class B drug, with intent to supply.
You may also want to watch:
The five men are due to appear at Westminster Magistrates’ Court today (Wednesday, July 8).
The charges follow an investigation by the Directorate of Professional Standards’ anti-corruption command.
- 1 95pc of children get place at first or second choice primary school
- 2 Have you seen Chantel, 15, missing from Ilford?
- 3 Fire damages Ilford flats
- 4 Ricardo Fuller death: Man charged with murder
- 5 Two men assaulted with pole after car driven into them
- 6 Tributes to police officer killed in Ilford on 26th anniversary of death
- 7 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford
- 8 Pedestrian suffers 'life-threatening head injury' in Redbridge collision
- 9 Hainault teen lands coveted slot on dance touring company
- 10 Fairlop Waters, numbers, NHS and child exploitation