Schoolboy hospitalised after being ‘kicked and punched’ by pupils during school break
A teenage boy was hospitalised after being beaten in a playground during school break on Tuesday.
Police said the boy was “kicked and punched” by other pupils at Caterham High School, in Caterham Avenue, Clayhall.
A witness said the boy was set upon by four others following a dispute during break time.
Paramedics were called to the school at 11.15am to reports of an assault.
A London Ambulance Service spokesman said: “Our staff treated one patient, a teenage boy, for facial injuries and he was taken to hospital.”
You may also want to watch:
The school did not respond to inquiries but a Redbridge Council spokesman issued a statement on its behalf.
It said: “There was an incident which the school is investigating thoroughly.
- 1 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 2 Murder probe launched after mother-of-two’s body found in Chadwell Heath
- 3 'No stone will be left unturned' to find killer of Maria Jane Rawlings
- 4 Election 2021: Live updates for London Assembly, Loxford and Seven Kings
- 5 Man wanted in connection with dangerous driving incident in Newbury Park
- 6 Man stabbed in Goodmayes
- 7 May 17: What can't open when Covid-19 lockdown rules ease?
- 8 Detectives hunt for knifepoint phone robber in Woodford Green
- 9 Labour's Sadiq Khan wins London mayoral election
- 10 Woman's body found in Chadwell Heath
“The young people thought to be involved have been excluded from school while this takes place.”