Schoolboy hospitalised after being ‘kicked and punched’ by pupils during school break
A teenage boy was hospitalised after being beaten in a playground during school break on Tuesday.
Police said the boy was “kicked and punched” by other pupils at Caterham High School, in Caterham Avenue, Clayhall.
A witness said the boy was set upon by four others following a dispute during break time.
Paramedics were called to the school at 11.15am to reports of an assault.
A London Ambulance Service spokesman said: “Our staff treated one patient, a teenage boy, for facial injuries and he was taken to hospital.”
The school did not respond to inquiries but a Redbridge Council spokesman issued a statement on its behalf.
It said: “There was an incident which the school is investigating thoroughly.
- 1 Search continues for man who fled scene of Loxford stabbing
- 2 Fairlop Waters car park to transform into ice-rink for Christmas
- 3 Missing man seen on Chigwell Road found 'safe and well'
- 4 Update on search for older man walking barefoot along Chigwell Road
- 5 Covid survivor, 16, urges people to get jabbed after months in hospital
- 6 Warning issued over fake Omicron variant test scam
- 7 Nine rescue pets looking for homes this Christmas in east London
- 8 Masks, PCR tests and boosters: New measures to combat Omicron variant
- 9 Waitrose and Halfords recall items over health and safety concerns
- 10 What are the chances of a white Christmas in London?
“The young people thought to be involved have been excluded from school while this takes place.”