Schoolboy hospitalised after being ‘kicked and punched’ by pupils during school break
A teenage boy was hospitalised after being beaten in a playground during school break on Tuesday.
Police said the boy was “kicked and punched” by other pupils at Caterham High School, in Caterham Avenue, Clayhall.
A witness said the boy was set upon by four others following a dispute during break time.
Paramedics were called to the school at 11.15am to reports of an assault.
A London Ambulance Service spokesman said: “Our staff treated one patient, a teenage boy, for facial injuries and he was taken to hospital.”
You may also want to watch:
The school did not respond to inquiries but a Redbridge Council spokesman issued a statement on its behalf.
It said: “There was an incident which the school is investigating thoroughly.
- 1 'Uproar' at decision to fell protected oak tree in Hainault
- 2 Former Homebase development plans approved
- 3 Woodford Green and Forest Gate residents criticise councils over flooding
- 4 Water company apologises for phone line waits as flood response branded 'woefully inadequate'
- 5 More than £5m worth of stolen vehicles recovered in first Redbridge Action Week
- 6 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 7 Developments approved in Redbridge so far in 2021
- 8 Redbridge clean-up underway after flash floods close A&E and damage homes
- 9 Ricardo Fuller death: Third man charged with murder
- 10 Inquest: Newham driver died of 'misadventure' after Redbridge police chase
“The young people thought to be involved have been excluded from school while this takes place.”