Schoolboy hospitalised after being ‘kicked and punched’ by pupils during school break
A teenage boy was hospitalised after being beaten in a playground during school break on Tuesday.
Police said the boy was “kicked and punched” by other pupils at Caterham High School, in Caterham Avenue, Clayhall.
A witness said the boy was set upon by four others following a dispute during break time.
Paramedics were called to the school at 11.15am to reports of an assault.
A London Ambulance Service spokesman said: “Our staff treated one patient, a teenage boy, for facial injuries and he was taken to hospital.”
You may also want to watch:
The school did not respond to inquiries but a Redbridge Council spokesman issued a statement on its behalf.
It said: “There was an incident which the school is investigating thoroughly.
- 1 Restaurant faces losing licence after allegations of illegal club nights during pandemic
- 2 Restaurant stripped of its alcohol licence
- 3 'A race against time' - 18,000 people in Redbridge have received Covid jab
- 4 Growing public support for tougher pet theft sentences
- 5 Queen's and King George hospitals appeal for volunteers to support end of life patients
- 6 Little Gearies development plans pass following hours of discussion over Barkingside estate
- 7 Political fight as council shifts money away from opposition party
- 8 Seven Kings novelist among winners of London Writers Awards
- 9 Safeguarding concerns at 'outstanding' Atam Academy in Chadwell Heath
- 10 Fly-tipping initiative at Redbridge Council up for national award
“The young people thought to be involved have been excluded from school while this takes place.”