Schoolboy hospitalised after being ‘kicked and punched’ by pupils during school break
A teenage boy was hospitalised after being beaten in a playground during school break on Tuesday.
Police said the boy was “kicked and punched” by other pupils at Caterham High School, in Caterham Avenue, Clayhall.
A witness said the boy was set upon by four others following a dispute during break time.
Paramedics were called to the school at 11.15am to reports of an assault.
A London Ambulance Service spokesman said: “Our staff treated one patient, a teenage boy, for facial injuries and he was taken to hospital.”
The school did not respond to inquiries but a Redbridge Council spokesman issued a statement on its behalf.
It said: “There was an incident which the school is investigating thoroughly.
- 1 Met investigates cause of Mossford Green cemetery blaze
- 2 Girl, 17, held on suspicion of terrorism offences after east London arrest
- 3 Major tube strike to follow Queen's Platinum Jubilee long weekend
- 4 Caught on camera: 6 wanted fly-tippers and litterbugs
- 5 The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee flypast: Where, and when, the planes will fly over north and east London
- 6 Wendy's Ilford: New opening date for High Road restaurant after delay
- 7 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 8 VOTE: Which east London fish and chip shop is your favourite?
- 9 Travel bulletin: Havering, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham
- 10 Zouma brothers to face the courts amid animal abuse allegations
“The young people thought to be involved have been excluded from school while this takes place.”