Sameena Imam murder trial jury retires to consider verdicts
- Credit: Archant
A jury trying two brothers accused of murdering cash-and-carry marketing manager Sameena Imam on Christmas Eve has retired to consider its verdicts.
Costco store manager Roger Cooper, 41, and ex-soldier David Cooper, 39, both deny killing Ms Imam, whose body was found buried at an allotment site in Leicester in January.
Ms Imam, who grew up in Ilford and attended Loxford Loxford High School, is alleged to have been killed with chloroform after having a two-year relationship with Roger Cooper and issuing him with an ultimatum to leave his long-term partner.
Roger Cooper, of Tilehurst Drive, Coventry, denies murdering his colleague after driving her from Coventry to Leicester on December 24, claiming he dropped her off at a supermarket following an argument.
His brother, of Hughenden Drive, Leicester, has admitted burying Ms Imam’s body but denies doing anything to cause her death.
You may also want to watch:
The prosecution claim Roger Cooper wanted Ms Imam out of his life as he conducted three relationships, and enlisted the help of his brother to “plan and execute” the alleged murder.
A trial at Birmingham Crown Court, which began in mid-August, was told by a toxicologist that several metallic elements were found in the body of Ms Imam.
- 1 Owner who posted video of his restaurant defying Covid rules loses licence
- 2 South Woodford post office to close in the spring
- 3 South Woodford flat 'has parties several times a week during lockdown'
- 4 Ilford man raises awareness of 'life-saving' gadget after dad's death
- 5 Have you seen this 17-year-old missing from Wanstead?
- 6 Plans for 66ft 5G mast in Goodmayes alarms residents
- 7 Woman had phone stolen at knife-point in Woodford Green
- 8 Covid 'past the peak' at Queen's and King George hospitals
- 9 Fire breaks out at care home under renovation in Newbury Park
- 10 Restaurant stripped of its alcohol licence
The 34-year-old, who lived in south Wales, worked at Costco outlets in Cardiff, Coventry, Southampton and Bristol.
She was reported missing after failing to arrive for a family gathering in Ilford on Boxing Day.
The jury is due to continue deliberations today at 11am.