Sameena Imam murder: Recording of murderer admitting killing former Loxford pupil
- Credit: West Midlands Police
West Midlands Police have released the interview where David Cooper admits killing Sameena Imam with chloroform on his sofa.
David, 39, and his brother Roger, 41, were convicted of murdering the 34-year-old Miss Imam on Christmas Eve at Birmingham Crown Court yesterday.
Justic Patrick Thomas QC today gave the pair life sentences – a minimum of 30 years imprisonment.
The court heard that Roger Cooper had spent at least a month plotting to kill Ms Imam – one of his three lovers – to prevent her exposing their two-year affair.
The interview is with David Cooper after he had been charged for murdering Ms Imam.
You may also want to watch:
He begins by saying: “This lady I did not know her name she died on my sofa.”
Cooper claims he intended to use the chloroform to merely knock out Ms Imam.
- 1 East London police officer charged with rape
- 2 Teen dies after being stabbed in reported fight on Loxford street
- 3 ‘Game-changing’ kebab chain to open Barkingside branch
- 4 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 5 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 6 South Woodford curry house named best in the nation
- 7 Mapped: Possession of weapons across east London
- 8 Man taken to 'trauma centre' after head injury at Hainault station
- 9 Man charged in connection with alleged police car ramming in Ilford
- 10 Roof damaged in Seven Kings house fire
“Seen it on telly and I thought it was OK, I thought it would just shut her up because my walls are paper thing, I don’t want a scene and I wanted to give Roger a few minutes.”
He continued saying he ran in and smothered her with a towel doused in chloroform “to buy me some time”.
Cooper continued: “She didn’t wake up.”
He goes on to explain how he tried to dispose of the body.
Cooper denied these admissions were truthful during his evidence at the trial.