Roof of Hainault house destroyed in fire
- Credit: Google
It took twenty firefighters to put out a blaze, which gutted the roof of a house in Maypole Crescent, Hainault, in the early hours of Halloween.
Four fire engines from Woodford, Hainault and Ilford were called to the residential home at 12.46am on Saturday morning.
It took the firefighters two hours to get the incident under control, and the roof of the property was completely damaged.
A small section of the neighbouring roof was also affected, but there were no injuries.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
More to follow.
Did you see the fire, or were you affected by the blaze?
- 1 TfL consultation opens on plans to extend ULEZ into Greater London
- 2 Caught on camera: 6 wanted fly-tippers and litterbugs
- 3 Man allegedly commits GBH after robbing bottles of champagne from Tesco
- 4 Wendy's Ilford: New opening date for High Road restaurant after delay
- 5 How many Covid patients are there in east London hospitals this week?
- 6 Travel bulletin: Havering, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham
- 7 'Truly inspiring' journalist returns to school to tell her story to students
- 8 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 9 Redbridge Conservatives choose new leader
- 10 Jailed: 'Selfish' 135mph driver spotted speeding on M11 near Woodford
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call our newsdesk on 0208 477 3821.