Roof of Hainault house destroyed in fire
- Credit: Google
It took twenty firefighters to put out a blaze, which gutted the roof of a house in Maypole Crescent, Hainault, in the early hours of Halloween.
Four fire engines from Woodford, Hainault and Ilford were called to the residential home at 12.46am on Saturday morning.
It took the firefighters two hours to get the incident under control, and the roof of the property was completely damaged.
A small section of the neighbouring roof was also affected, but there were no injuries.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
You may also want to watch:
More to follow.
Did you see the fire, or were you affected by the blaze?
- 1 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 2 Redbridge parents' group donates six new laptops to families in need
- 3 Restaurant faces losing licence after allegations of illegal club nights during pandemic
- 4 One in 20 may have had Covid-19 last week in Redbridge, Newham and Barking and Dagenham, figures suggest
- 5 Residents furious after car park and lift flooded since before Christmas
- 6 Covid deaths increase at Queen's and King George hospitals this week
- 7 Restaurant stripped of its alcohol licence
- 8 Growing public support for tougher pet theft sentences
- 9 From City Hall: Increase of council tax a slap in the face for every struggling Londoner
- 10 Safeguarding concerns at 'outstanding' Atam Academy in Chadwell Heath
Email email@example.com or call our newsdesk on 0208 477 3821.