Roof of Hainault house destroyed in fire
- Credit: Google
It took twenty firefighters to put out a blaze, which gutted the roof of a house in Maypole Crescent, Hainault, in the early hours of Halloween.
Four fire engines from Woodford, Hainault and Ilford were called to the residential home at 12.46am on Saturday morning.
It took the firefighters two hours to get the incident under control, and the roof of the property was completely damaged.
A small section of the neighbouring roof was also affected, but there were no injuries.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
You may also want to watch:
More to follow.
Did you see the fire, or were you affected by the blaze?
- 1 Redbridge issued more than 2,800 Blue Badge fines in 2020, data shows
- 2 Sam Tarry MP urges Sadiq Khan to block Goodmayes Tesco development
- 3 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 4 Barkingside man charged with intending to supply cannabis
- 5 Charity urges council to tackle alleged Ilford Lane anti-social behaviour
- 6 Barking and Dagenham and Redbridge 'least active' boroughs in London, study finds
- 7 BHRUT doctors taking on triathlon in memory of colleague’s daughter
- 8 King George Hospital gets new ultrasound rooms and upgraded machines
- 9 Protestors decry 'privatisation' of NHS outside Loxford Practice
- 10 Former Homebase development plans approved
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call our newsdesk on 0208 477 3821.