Roof of Hainault house destroyed in fire
- Credit: Google
It took twenty firefighters to put out a blaze, which gutted the roof of a house in Maypole Crescent, Hainault, in the early hours of Halloween.
Four fire engines from Woodford, Hainault and Ilford were called to the residential home at 12.46am on Saturday morning.
It took the firefighters two hours to get the incident under control, and the roof of the property was completely damaged.
A small section of the neighbouring roof was also affected, but there were no injuries.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
You may also want to watch:
More to follow.
Did you see the fire, or were you affected by the blaze?
- 1 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 2 Ex-council staff who was sacked after bailiffs turned up at his work loses unfair dismissal claim
- 3 'Like prisoners in our home': Parents of attacked 13-year-old speak out
- 4 Walk It Out founder launches women's boxing classes
- 5 Thirteen-year-old boy attacked in Ilford
- 6 Restaurant apologises after allegations of verbal abuse between staff
- 7 Covid patient numbers rebound at Barts Health hospitals
- 8 Vulnerable woman dies burning charcoal for warmth after gas and electricity are cut off
- 9 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 10 New boats arrive at Fairlop Waters amid country park investment plan
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call our newsdesk on 0208 477 3821.