Moped rider flown to hospital with potentially life-threatening injuries after Chigwell crash
- Credit: Archant
Police are currently at the scene of a crash in Chigwell involving a moped and a car.
Emergency services were called to Romford Road at 12.30pm today (Friday, August 16).
The moped rider has been taken to hospital with potentially life-threatening injuries after the collision with a white Vauxhall Meriva.
A spokesman for the East of England Ambulance Service said it sent an ambulance, two rapid response vehicles and an Essex and Herts Air Ambulance.
"One person was taken to Royal London Hospital by air ambulance for further care," the spokesman said.
You may also want to watch:
The road is closed and diversions are in place.
No arrests have been made and enquiries are ongoing.
- 1 Cost of damage runs into thousands as Clayhall street clears up after floods
- 2 Barkingside man arrested on suspicion of firearms offences
- 3 Ilford charity opens B&M store in Newbury Park
- 4 Redbridge clean-up underway after flash floods close A&E and damage homes
- 5 Engineering student wins place at Princeton University
- 6 Developments approved in Redbridge so far in 2021
- 7 Olympian-trained South Woodford sprinter, 8, breaks record in Manchester
- 8 A look back at floods which have devastated east London since 2016
- 9 'Darkest days of my life': Six-year-old diagnosed with rare condition suffers OCD, anxiety and depressive symptoms
- 10 The Sikh Network on grieving in lockdown and death 'as a process of life'