Moped rider flown to hospital with potentially life-threatening injuries after Chigwell crash
- Credit: Archant
Police are currently at the scene of a crash in Chigwell involving a moped and a car.
Emergency services were called to Romford Road at 12.30pm today (Friday, August 16).
The moped rider has been taken to hospital with potentially life-threatening injuries after the collision with a white Vauxhall Meriva.
A spokesman for the East of England Ambulance Service said it sent an ambulance, two rapid response vehicles and an Essex and Herts Air Ambulance.
"One person was taken to Royal London Hospital by air ambulance for further care," the spokesman said.
You may also want to watch:
The road is closed and diversions are in place.
No arrests have been made and enquiries are ongoing.
- 1 Residents complain their Ilford street now 'full of crime'
- 2 Labour leader Sir Keir Starmer visits Redbridge on campaign trail
- 3 Sadiq Khan comes to Redbridge ahead of London elections
- 4 Ricardo Fuller death: Man charged with murder
- 5 Loxford and Seven Kings by-election candidates make case for your vote
- 6 Consultation launches on plans to move preschool and open excluded pupils facility at youth centre
- 7 Fire damages Ilford flats
- 8 Tributes to police officer killed in Ilford on 26th anniversary of death
- 9 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford
- 10 Redbridge parents' group donates more laptops to schools