Moped rider flown to hospital with potentially life-threatening injuries after Chigwell crash
- Credit: Archant
Police are currently at the scene of a crash in Chigwell involving a moped and a car.
Emergency services were called to Romford Road at 12.30pm today (Friday, August 16).
The moped rider has been taken to hospital with potentially life-threatening injuries after the collision with a white Vauxhall Meriva.
A spokesman for the East of England Ambulance Service said it sent an ambulance, two rapid response vehicles and an Essex and Herts Air Ambulance.
"One person was taken to Royal London Hospital by air ambulance for further care," the spokesman said.
You may also want to watch:
The road is closed and diversions are in place.
No arrests have been made and enquiries are ongoing.
- 1 Consultation on proposed controlled parking zones to begin
- 2 More than 100 Covid dead at Queen's and King George this week
- 3 Double murder charge over stabbings, as police name victims
- 4 Covid outbreak at Woodford Green care home delays vaccinations
- 5 Council left homeless family 'stuck in cycle of instability', report finds
- 6 Redevelopment plans likely to be approved despite 144 objections
- 7 Almost 250 homes without internet in Goodmayes after car accident takes out telecoms box
- 8 Two in five people in Redbridge may have had Covid, data shows
- 9 GPs roll up their sleeves to support colleagues at Queen's Hospital
- 10 Covid vaccine invitations a priority for Royal Mail, says MP