Moped rider flown to hospital with potentially life-threatening injuries after Chigwell crash
- Credit: Archant
Police are currently at the scene of a crash in Chigwell involving a moped and a car.
Emergency services were called to Romford Road at 12.30pm today (Friday, August 16).
The moped rider has been taken to hospital with potentially life-threatening injuries after the collision with a white Vauxhall Meriva.
A spokesman for the East of England Ambulance Service said it sent an ambulance, two rapid response vehicles and an Essex and Herts Air Ambulance.
"One person was taken to Royal London Hospital by air ambulance for further care," the spokesman said.
You may also want to watch:
The road is closed and diversions are in place.
No arrests have been made and enquiries are ongoing.
- 1 Mercato Ilford 'delayed again' as council pushes for Christmas opening
- 2 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 3 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 4 'Not acceptable': Residents mount opposition to plumbers' building plan
- 5 Two more police 'enforcement hubs' to open in Redbridge
- 6 Jailed: Men who laundered £25m from cash and carry warehouses
- 7 The most expensive houses sold in your east London borough in August
- 8 Cross-party group demands mayor reject Tesco Goodmayes development
- 9 Police warn of 'violence, urination' as takeaway applies for late licence
- 10 Young Citizen nominee: Esha, 4, who inspired thousands to join bone marrow donor list