Romanian man hunted by Redbridge Police is one of Met’s ‘18 most wanted’ European criminals
- Credit: Archant
A Romanian man wanted for robbery and kidnap is being targeted by the Metropolitan Police in a London-wide operation.
Constantin Niciu, 34, is wanted by Redbridge Police as well as in Romania in connection with a violent abduction.
Two men who refused to assist in trafficking women were tied up and beaten with a plank of wood before their mobile phones and motor vehicle were stolen.
Niciu, who also goes by the name of Claudin Fagas, is believed to have links to Havering and is wanted for recall to prison.
He is one of 18 foreign nationals wanted by the Met’s extradition unit as part of Operation Sunfire.
You may also want to watch:
The police aim to trace the “high-risk” criminals and put them in front of extradition courts so they can face justice abroad.
Det Sgt Peter Rance, who is leading the operation, said the suspects should not be approached if seen.
- 1 Woman's body found in Chadwell Heath
- 2 Ilford mosque attendees attacked with eggs and stones
- 3 Police car flips over in Chadwell Heath collision
- 4 Man stabbed in Goodmayes
- 5 Detectives hunt for knifepoint phone robber in Woodford Green
- 6 Animals bite rubbish after wheelie bin delivery delay
- 7 Appeal to help find missing girl who may be in Dagenham, Ilford or Stratford
- 8 Crunch meeting fails to provide breakthrough in school sick pay dispute
- 9 Six males detained after alleged brawl in Gants Hill
- 10 Teen stabbed in Chadwell Heath
Anyone with information is asked to contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.