Romanian man hunted by Redbridge Police is one of Met’s ‘18 most wanted’ European criminals
- Credit: Archant
A Romanian man wanted for robbery and kidnap is being targeted by the Metropolitan Police in a London-wide operation.
Constantin Niciu, 34, is wanted by Redbridge Police as well as in Romania in connection with a violent abduction.
Two men who refused to assist in trafficking women were tied up and beaten with a plank of wood before their mobile phones and motor vehicle were stolen.
Niciu, who also goes by the name of Claudin Fagas, is believed to have links to Havering and is wanted for recall to prison.
He is one of 18 foreign nationals wanted by the Met’s extradition unit as part of Operation Sunfire.
The police aim to trace the “high-risk” criminals and put them in front of extradition courts so they can face justice abroad.
Det Sgt Peter Rance, who is leading the operation, said the suspects should not be approached if seen.
- 1 Man dies after being found unresponsive in Valentines Park
- 2 Air ambulance lands after man stabbed in South Woodford
- 3 Man denies committing GBH during alleged robbery at Barkingside Tesco
- 4 Homes under the Planner: Applications approved or refused in Redbridge
- 5 Guilty: Hainault man admits traffic light stabbing
- 6 Teen found guilty of robbing boy, 12, in Romford while carrying knife
- 7 How many Covid patients are in hospital in east London this week?
- 8 Making Ilford a 'destination of choice': What is being done to help the town centre thrive?
- 9 Goodmayes fatal stabbing: Double murder trial set to open
- 10 Second Redbridge care home struck by fire caused by discarded cigarettes
Anyone with information is asked to contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.