Romanian man hunted by Redbridge Police is one of Met’s ‘18 most wanted’ European criminals
- Credit: Archant
A Romanian man wanted for robbery and kidnap is being targeted by the Metropolitan Police in a London-wide operation.
Constantin Niciu, 34, is wanted by Redbridge Police as well as in Romania in connection with a violent abduction.
Two men who refused to assist in trafficking women were tied up and beaten with a plank of wood before their mobile phones and motor vehicle were stolen.
Niciu, who also goes by the name of Claudin Fagas, is believed to have links to Havering and is wanted for recall to prison.
He is one of 18 foreign nationals wanted by the Met’s extradition unit as part of Operation Sunfire.
You may also want to watch:
The police aim to trace the “high-risk” criminals and put them in front of extradition courts so they can face justice abroad.
Det Sgt Peter Rance, who is leading the operation, said the suspects should not be approached if seen.
- 1 Best places to have a curry in Redbridge as chosen by readers
- 2 Coffee fanatics to open 'lively' new coffee shop in Redbridge
- 3 'Last of a dying breed': Ilford pub scoops readers' vote honour
- 4 Homebuilder steps back from proposals over rising projected costs
- 5 Medics treat six people after three-car crash in Ilford
- 6 Council seeks public input after York Road anti-social behaviour concerns
- 7 Three new items Redbridge residents can recycle
- 8 Ilford care home nominated for two national awards
- 9 Valentines Park bench dedicated to couple described as 'pillars of community'
- 10 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
Anyone with information is asked to contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.