Romanian man hunted by Redbridge Police is one of Met’s ‘18 most wanted’ European criminals
- Credit: Archant
A Romanian man wanted for robbery and kidnap is being targeted by the Metropolitan Police in a London-wide operation.
Constantin Niciu, 34, is wanted by Redbridge Police as well as in Romania in connection with a violent abduction.
Two men who refused to assist in trafficking women were tied up and beaten with a plank of wood before their mobile phones and motor vehicle were stolen.
Niciu, who also goes by the name of Claudin Fagas, is believed to have links to Havering and is wanted for recall to prison.
He is one of 18 foreign nationals wanted by the Met’s extradition unit as part of Operation Sunfire.
You may also want to watch:
The police aim to trace the “high-risk” criminals and put them in front of extradition courts so they can face justice abroad.
Det Sgt Peter Rance, who is leading the operation, said the suspects should not be approached if seen.
- 1 Redbridge parents' group donates six new laptops to families in need
- 2 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 3 Restaurant faces losing licence after allegations of illegal club nights during pandemic
- 4 Queen's and King George hospitals appeal for volunteers to support end of life patients
- 5 Spiritual Life: What next for the great Hindu temples of Redbridge?
- 6 Residents furious after car park and lift flooded since before Christmas
- 7 Restaurant stripped of its alcohol licence
- 8 One in 20 may have had Covid-19 last week in Redbridge, Newham and Barking and Dagenham, figures suggest
- 9 Growing public support for tougher pet theft sentences
- 10 Covid deaths increase at Queen's and King George hospitals this week
Anyone with information is asked to contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.