Man attacked and robbed near Roding Valley station
- Credit: Archant
Enquiries are ongoing following the robbery of a man near Roding Valley Underground station yesterday (Tuesday, September 3)
Police were called at 7.15am to reports of a robbery outside the station.
A video circulating on social media shows two men with their faces covered attacking a man in Station Approach, near Cherry Tree Rise, in the Bridge ward of Redbridge.
A spokesman for Met Police said: "A man was attacked and robbed by two men. He was not seriously injured in the incident."
There have been no arrests and enquiries continue.
You may also want to watch:
Responding to a concerned resident on Twitter, London mayor candidate Shaun Bailey wrote: "This is simply unacceptable.
"We need more police, more street patrols and combined with tougher sentences…we need to get a grip of this ASAP."
- 1 Young Citizen: Ilford student who assisted at crash campaigns for more first aid
- 2 Sam Tarry MP urges Sadiq Khan to block Goodmayes Tesco development
- 3 Barkingside man charged with intending to supply cannabis
- 4 Redbridge issued more than 2,800 Blue Badge fines in 2020, data shows
- 5 Charity urges council to tackle alleged Ilford Lane anti-social behaviour
- 6 Protestors decry 'privatisation' of NHS outside Loxford Practice
- 7 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 8 'I convened a meeting for residents and businesses in the York Road area'
- 9 Barking and Dagenham and Redbridge 'least active' boroughs in London, study finds
- 10 More than £5m worth of stolen vehicles recovered in first Redbridge Action Week
Met Police confirmed Essex Police are investigating.