Man attacked and robbed near Roding Valley station
- Credit: Archant
Enquiries are ongoing following the robbery of a man near Roding Valley Underground station yesterday (Tuesday, September 3)
Police were called at 7.15am to reports of a robbery outside the station.
A video circulating on social media shows two men with their faces covered attacking a man in Station Approach, near Cherry Tree Rise, in the Bridge ward of Redbridge.
A spokesman for Met Police said: "A man was attacked and robbed by two men. He was not seriously injured in the incident."
There have been no arrests and enquiries continue.
You may also want to watch:
Responding to a concerned resident on Twitter, London mayor candidate Shaun Bailey wrote: "This is simply unacceptable.
"We need more police, more street patrols and combined with tougher sentences…we need to get a grip of this ASAP."
- 1 Fire damages Ilford flats
- 2 95pc of children get place at first or second choice primary school
- 3 Have you seen Chantel, 15, missing from Ilford?
- 4 Ricardo Fuller death: Man charged with murder
- 5 Tributes to police officer killed in Ilford on 26th anniversary of death
- 6 Two men assaulted with pole after car driven into them
- 7 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford
- 8 Hainault teen lands coveted slot on dance touring company
- 9 Fairlop Waters, numbers, NHS and child exploitation
- 10 Man charged with murder after elderly woman found dead in bathtub in Clayhall home
Met Police confirmed Essex Police are investigating.