Man attacked and robbed near Roding Valley station
- Credit: Archant
Enquiries are ongoing following the robbery of a man near Roding Valley Underground station yesterday (Tuesday, September 3)
Police were called at 7.15am to reports of a robbery outside the station.
A video circulating on social media shows two men with their faces covered attacking a man in Station Approach, near Cherry Tree Rise, in the Bridge ward of Redbridge.
A spokesman for Met Police said: "A man was attacked and robbed by two men. He was not seriously injured in the incident."
There have been no arrests and enquiries continue.
You may also want to watch:
Responding to a concerned resident on Twitter, London mayor candidate Shaun Bailey wrote: "This is simply unacceptable.
"We need more police, more street patrols and combined with tougher sentences…we need to get a grip of this ASAP."
- 1 Surplus of primary school places now but shortage expected within 10 years
- 2 Consultation on proposed controlled parking zones to begin
- 3 Almost 250 homes without internet in Goodmayes after car accident takes out telecoms box
- 4 GPs roll up their sleeves to support colleagues at Queen's Hospital
- 5 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 6 Covid outbreak at Woodford Green care home delays vaccinations
- 7 Royal Mail lists six Redbridge postcodes hit by Covid postal delays
- 8 Redevelopment plans likely to be approved despite 144 objections
- 9 Life sentence for Chigwell man convicted of murder
- 10 Double murder arrest as dramatic footage shows police detaining woman
Met Police confirmed Essex Police are investigating.