Revealed: Redbridge’s top 10 most crime-ridden streets
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
More than 80 crimes were reported in Redbridge on average each day at the start of the year, police data reveals.
A total of 2553 incidents were logged in the borough throughout January, according to figures from the Met and Essex Police.
Violent and sexual offences were the most prevalent type of crime (20.8 percent), with 528 reported incidents over the period, followed by anti-social behaviour (453 incidents - 18pc).
Burglaries accounted for 388 of the incidents reported, the third most prevalent type of crime at 15pc.
Analysis by the Recorder reveals Cranbrook Road, which snakes through Ilford, Gants Hill and Barkingside, to be the most crime-ridden street in the borough.
You may also want to watch:
In January, 63 crimes took place on or near to the road, more than triple the amount reported on the next most crime-ridden street - Postway Mews.
For the top 10 crime hotspots and breakdowns of crimes by type and location, see the interactive charts and map above.
- 1 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 2 Redbridge parents' group donates six new laptops to families in need
- 3 Queen's and King George hospitals appeal for volunteers to support end of life patients
- 4 Restaurant faces losing licence after allegations of illegal club nights during pandemic
- 5 Spiritual Life: What next for the great Hindu temples of Redbridge?
- 6 Residents furious after car park and lift flooded since before Christmas
- 7 Restaurant stripped of its alcohol licence
- 8 One in 20 may have had Covid-19 last week in Redbridge, Newham and Barking and Dagenham, figures suggest
- 9 Covid deaths increase at Queen's and King George hospitals this week
- 10 Growing public support for tougher pet theft sentences