Revealed: Redbridge’s top 10 most crime-ridden streets
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
More than 80 crimes were reported in Redbridge on average each day at the start of the year, police data reveals.
A total of 2553 incidents were logged in the borough throughout January, according to figures from the Met and Essex Police.
Violent and sexual offences were the most prevalent type of crime (20.8 percent), with 528 reported incidents over the period, followed by anti-social behaviour (453 incidents - 18pc).
Burglaries accounted for 388 of the incidents reported, the third most prevalent type of crime at 15pc.
Analysis by the Recorder reveals Cranbrook Road, which snakes through Ilford, Gants Hill and Barkingside, to be the most crime-ridden street in the borough.
You may also want to watch:
In January, 63 crimes took place on or near to the road, more than triple the amount reported on the next most crime-ridden street - Postway Mews.
For the top 10 crime hotspots and breakdowns of crimes by type and location, see the interactive charts and map above.
- 1 Residents complain their Ilford street now 'full of crime'
- 2 Ricardo Fuller death: Man charged with murder
- 3 Fire damages Ilford flats
- 4 Labour leader Sir Keir Starmer visits Redbridge on campaign trail
- 5 Tributes to police officer killed in Ilford on 26th anniversary of death
- 6 Have you seen Chantel, 15, missing from Ilford?
- 7 Fairlop Waters, numbers, NHS and child exploitation
- 8 Former Ilford South MP opens up on Labour departure in new book
- 9 Covid hospital admissions and deaths in stark decline, NHS trust data shows
- 10 Two men assaulted with pole after car driven into them