Revealed: Redbridge’s top 10 most crime-ridden streets
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
More than 80 crimes were reported in Redbridge on average each day at the start of the year, police data reveals.
A total of 2553 incidents were logged in the borough throughout January, according to figures from the Met and Essex Police.
Violent and sexual offences were the most prevalent type of crime (20.8 percent), with 528 reported incidents over the period, followed by anti-social behaviour (453 incidents - 18pc).
Burglaries accounted for 388 of the incidents reported, the third most prevalent type of crime at 15pc.
Analysis by the Recorder reveals Cranbrook Road, which snakes through Ilford, Gants Hill and Barkingside, to be the most crime-ridden street in the borough.
You may also want to watch:
In January, 63 crimes took place on or near to the road, more than triple the amount reported on the next most crime-ridden street - Postway Mews.
For the top 10 crime hotspots and breakdowns of crimes by type and location, see the interactive charts and map above.
- 1 Developments approved in Redbridge so far in 2021
- 2 Redbridge clean-up underway after flash floods close A&E and damage homes
- 3 Ilford charity opens B&M store in Newbury Park
- 4 Backlash as Fairlop Waters meadow turned into overflow parking
- 5 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 6 Update: Missing girl, 12, found 'safe and well'
- 7 Ceiling panels collapse and operations cancelled at hospital after flooding
- 8 Ilford MP Wes Streeting is cancer-free after successful operation
- 9 Fire Brigade deluged with calls for help as floods sweep east London
- 10 Dagenham set to sign youngster Aaron Blair as McQueen to go out on loan