Revealed: Redbridge’s top 10 most crime-ridden streets
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
More than 80 crimes were reported in Redbridge on average each day at the start of the year, police data reveals.
A total of 2553 incidents were logged in the borough throughout January, according to figures from the Met and Essex Police.
Violent and sexual offences were the most prevalent type of crime (20.8 percent), with 528 reported incidents over the period, followed by anti-social behaviour (453 incidents - 18pc).
Burglaries accounted for 388 of the incidents reported, the third most prevalent type of crime at 15pc.
Analysis by the Recorder reveals Cranbrook Road, which snakes through Ilford, Gants Hill and Barkingside, to be the most crime-ridden street in the borough.
You may also want to watch:
In January, 63 crimes took place on or near to the road, more than triple the amount reported on the next most crime-ridden street - Postway Mews.
For the top 10 crime hotspots and breakdowns of crimes by type and location, see the interactive charts and map above.
- 1 South Woodford curry house named best in the nation
- 2 ‘Game-changing’ kebab chain to open Barkingside branch
- 3 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 4 Where to go for Italian food in Redbridge, according to TripAdvisor
- 5 'Like prisoners in our home': Parents of attacked 13-year-old speak out
- 6 'Important' business park to be exempt from new planning rules
- 7 More strike action planned in Newbury Park school dispute
- 8 EV charging hub launched in South Woodford as ULEZ expands
- 9 Ex-council staff who was sacked after bailiffs turned up at his work loses unfair dismissal claim
- 10 Thirteen-year-old boy attacked in Ilford