Woodford residents’ horror after teenager Charlie Kutyauripo stabbed to death ‘on our doorstep’
- Credit: Archant
Residents in Woodford Bridge have expressed their horror after a 16-year-old boy was stabbed to death after leaving a friend’s birthday party.
The teenager, named locally as Charlie Kutyauripo, had been celebrating a girl’s 16th birthday on Saturday before he was stabbed in a confrontation outside the social club on the Ashton Playing Fields, Chigwell Road.
Residents in surrounding roads have joined the partygoers in leaving flowers and tributes outside the club.
Sebastian Breda, 33, lives opposite the social club.
He said: “We didn’t learn about the incident until we heard the police sirens and watched from our window.
You may also want to watch:
“I have a seven-year-old son and I was explaining to him what had happened, and how I will not let him wander the streets at 11 o’clock at night when he is a teenager.
“I think the parents of those four people should hand in their children - I don’t believe they wouldn’t know what their children have been up to.
- 1 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 2 Update: Missing girl, 12, found 'safe and well'
- 3 Ilford charity opens B&M store in Newbury Park
- 4 Developments approved in Redbridge so far in 2021
- 5 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend
- 6 Man charged with Ilford robbery
- 7 Primary schools in Redbridge rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 8 Dagenham set to sign youngster Aaron Blair as McQueen to go out on loan
- 9 Seven Kings man charged in connection with alleged sex assault on boy
- 10 Backlash as Fairlop Waters meadow turned into overflow parking
“Now, a 16-year-old has died at a party, it is very sad.”
Steve Seager, 63, who lives on Waltham Road, said he was shocked to learn of the fatal incident.
He said: “We couldn’t believe he was stabbed practically on our doorstep - and over so little?
“The younger generation have lost their way - people never used to leave the house with a knife.
“If you leave the house with a knife, you’re leaving ready to cause trouble.
“It’s very upsetting news and I hope it can be resolved quickly.”