RedbridgeCVS to hold first skills swap afternoon
RedbridgeCVS, the group which supports voluntary and community sector organisations in the borough, is to hold its annual general meeting and a skill swap afternoon on Wednesday.
During the skillswap session, visitors will learn how to use mobile technology such as phones and iPads to help their groups; can try out seated physical activities and share favourite recipes towards a Redbridge Community Cookbook.
Mayor of Redbridge Cllr Muhammed Javed will present certificates to community group members who have completed accredited training.
The AGM will include a presentation on the work of Volunteer Centre Redbridge and an interview with a Gamesmaker who volunteered during the 2012 Olympics.
Ross Diamond, RedbridgeCVS’ chief officer, said: “We are looking forward to the skill swap and hope that it will be a fun afternoon for all concerned.
“We are grateful to the Mayor for his support, and to students from Mayfield School who will be sharing their technical skills with us.”
- 1 Rat-running lorry drivers in Redbridge face fines of up to £130
- 2 Goodmayes 'loner' found dead in 'dilapidated' flat leaves £400k fortune
- 3 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 4 ‘It is not tolerated’: CCTV images released after West Ham game disorder
- 5 Percentage of unvaccinated hospital staff revealed as mandatory jab deadline looms
- 6 Travel Bulletin: Havering, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham
- 7 Ex-police officer served for four years after being accused of 'sexual and physical assaults'
- 8 Appeal after motorcyclist killed in hit and run in Redbridge
- 9 How council teams tackle fly-tipping in Redbridge
- 10 Councils with low Covid vaccine rates given funds to help people get jabbed