RedbridgeCVS to hold first skills swap afternoon
RedbridgeCVS, the group which supports voluntary and community sector organisations in the borough, is to hold its annual general meeting and a skill swap afternoon on Wednesday.
During the skillswap session, visitors will learn how to use mobile technology such as phones and iPads to help their groups; can try out seated physical activities and share favourite recipes towards a Redbridge Community Cookbook.
Mayor of Redbridge Cllr Muhammed Javed will present certificates to community group members who have completed accredited training.
The AGM will include a presentation on the work of Volunteer Centre Redbridge and an interview with a Gamesmaker who volunteered during the 2012 Olympics.
Ross Diamond, RedbridgeCVS’ chief officer, said: “We are looking forward to the skill swap and hope that it will be a fun afternoon for all concerned.
You may also want to watch:
“We are grateful to the Mayor for his support, and to students from Mayfield School who will be sharing their technical skills with us.”
- 1 Surplus of primary school places now but shortage expected within 10 years
- 2 Consultation on proposed controlled parking zones to begin
- 3 GPs roll up their sleeves to support colleagues at Queen's Hospital
- 4 Almost 250 homes without internet in Goodmayes after car accident takes out telecoms box
- 5 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 6 Covid outbreak at Woodford Green care home delays vaccinations
- 7 Royal Mail lists six Redbridge postcodes hit by Covid postal delays
- 8 Redevelopment plans likely to be approved despite 144 objections
- 9 Life sentence for Chigwell man convicted of murder
- 10 Double murder arrest as dramatic footage shows police detaining woman