Redbridge volunteers prove massive help for more than 250 people
- Credit: Archant
Around 250 people have been helped in some way by a volunteer care service.
The members of Redbridge Voluntary Care (RVC), based in The Friars, Chigwell, have driven people to and from hospital more than 230 times, and to GPs and dentists around 200 times during the last 12 months.
Many were elderly or vulnerable who would have found it hard to keep appointments but for the help of RVC volunteers.
The figures were released at the RVC’s annual general meeting last week at St Peter’s Church, in Aldborough Hatch, Newbury Park.
Nearly 640 people were helped in care homes with jobs such as collecting prescriptions and pensions, shopping, reading mail, filling in forms and contacting statutory services.
You may also want to watch:
To apply to be a volunteer for the RVC, call 0208 514 0980 or visit www.redbridgevoluntarycare.co.uk
Have you been assisted by the RVC? We would like to hear from you. Please call Harry Kemble on 0208 477 3825
- 1 Best places to have a curry in Redbridge as chosen by readers
- 2 Coffee fanatics to open 'lively' new coffee shop in Redbridge
- 3 'Last of a dying breed': Ilford pub scoops readers' vote honour
- 4 Homebuilder steps back from proposals over rising projected costs
- 5 Medics treat six people after three-car crash in Ilford
- 6 Council seeks public input after York Road anti-social behaviour concerns
- 7 Ilford care home nominated for two national awards
- 8 Three new items Redbridge residents can recycle
- 9 Valentines Park bench dedicated to couple described as 'pillars of community'
- 10 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash