Redbridge’s One-Stop Shop becoming appointment-only service
- Credit: Archant
A Redbridge Council service is moving to an appointments-only system.
The One-Stop Shop at Lynton House, in High Road, Ilford, will no longer admit residents dropping in to discuss matters such as school places and parking permits.
The changes come into force on Monday.
A spokesman said: “In recent years we have worked hard to provide a whole range of services online to make it easier for residents.
“They can access these on the council’s website 24 hours a day, seven days a week and 365 days a year.
You may also want to watch:
“As the council faces huge financial challenges, money is saved every time a resident carries out a transaction online instead of using the telephone or face-to-face.”
Services available through the appointments system will include free school meals, parking season tickets and CCTV viewing.
- 1 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 2 Ilford care home turned into studio flats for rough sleepers
- 3 Ilford Town only place in London with average house price below £250,000
- 4 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 5 Man's suicide method thoughts were not in clinical notes, inquest hears
- 6 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 7 Chadwell Heath death: Barking man charged with murder of Maria Rawlings
- 8 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 9 Cannabis and rambo knife sniffed out by police dog in Gants Hill bust
- 10 More than a thousand attend Eid in the Field in Woodford Green
Services continuing as a drop-in will be the drop box for completed forms and applications, the collection of green garden waste bags and the viewing of traffic orders and legal notices.
Among the tasks people can complete on Redbridge i include applying for jobs, housing and the Blue Badge scheme.
Residents can also view information on councillors, public meetings and school waiting lists.
If you require an appointment, call 020 8554 5000 or visit Lynton House to book.
To access Redbridge i, visit redbridge.gov.uk.