Redbridge’s One-Stop Shop becoming appointment-only service
- Credit: Archant
A Redbridge Council service is moving to an appointments-only system.
The One-Stop Shop at Lynton House, in High Road, Ilford, will no longer admit residents dropping in to discuss matters such as school places and parking permits.
The changes come into force on Monday.
A spokesman said: “In recent years we have worked hard to provide a whole range of services online to make it easier for residents.
“They can access these on the council’s website 24 hours a day, seven days a week and 365 days a year.
You may also want to watch:
“As the council faces huge financial challenges, money is saved every time a resident carries out a transaction online instead of using the telephone or face-to-face.”
Services available through the appointments system will include free school meals, parking season tickets and CCTV viewing.
- 1 Police appeal to find girl, 12, last seen in Wanstead Park
- 2 Primary schools in Redbridge rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 3 Seven Kings man charged in connection with alleged sex assault on boy
- 4 East London road and rail disruptions to travel this weekend
- 5 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend
- 6 Dispersal order issued ahead of fears over ‘illegal music events’
- 7 Update: Man charged in connection with alleged sex assault
- 8 Walk-in Covid vaccinations on offer at Valentines Park health fair
- 9 Ilford mother 'could have been saved' and NHS 'failed' her, family tells inquest
- 10 Goodmayes racer Alex Lynn and title leader Sam Bird preview London E-Prix
Services continuing as a drop-in will be the drop box for completed forms and applications, the collection of green garden waste bags and the viewing of traffic orders and legal notices.
Among the tasks people can complete on Redbridge i include applying for jobs, housing and the Blue Badge scheme.
Residents can also view information on councillors, public meetings and school waiting lists.
If you require an appointment, call 020 8554 5000 or visit Lynton House to book.
To access Redbridge i, visit redbridge.gov.uk.