Redbridge’s One-Stop Shop becoming appointment-only service
- Credit: Archant
A Redbridge Council service is moving to an appointments-only system.
The One-Stop Shop at Lynton House, in High Road, Ilford, will no longer admit residents dropping in to discuss matters such as school places and parking permits.
The changes come into force on Monday.
A spokesman said: “In recent years we have worked hard to provide a whole range of services online to make it easier for residents.
“They can access these on the council’s website 24 hours a day, seven days a week and 365 days a year.
You may also want to watch:
“As the council faces huge financial challenges, money is saved every time a resident carries out a transaction online instead of using the telephone or face-to-face.”
Services available through the appointments system will include free school meals, parking season tickets and CCTV viewing.
- 1 Surplus of primary school places now but shortage expected within 10 years
- 2 Consultation on proposed controlled parking zones to begin
- 3 Almost 250 homes without internet in Goodmayes after car accident takes out telecoms box
- 4 GPs roll up their sleeves to support colleagues at Queen's Hospital
- 5 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 6 Covid outbreak at Woodford Green care home delays vaccinations
- 7 Royal Mail lists six Redbridge postcodes hit by Covid postal delays
- 8 Redevelopment plans likely to be approved despite 144 objections
- 9 Life sentence for Chigwell man convicted of murder
- 10 Double murder arrest as dramatic footage shows police detaining woman
Services continuing as a drop-in will be the drop box for completed forms and applications, the collection of green garden waste bags and the viewing of traffic orders and legal notices.
Among the tasks people can complete on Redbridge i include applying for jobs, housing and the Blue Badge scheme.
Residents can also view information on councillors, public meetings and school waiting lists.
If you require an appointment, call 020 8554 5000 or visit Lynton House to book.
To access Redbridge i, visit redbridge.gov.uk.