Redbridge’s Most Wanted appeal in the Recorder leads to six arrests
Some of the criminals wanted by Redbridge police have been caught following an appeal in the Recorder.
Six of the suspects featured in our pages a fortnight ago have since been arrested, with one 25-year-old man, who was wanted for theft, handing himself into Ilford police station after his photo appeared in our newspaper.
He has been bailed to return there in March.
Twenty-four men and one woman, suspected of a variety of offences including robbery, burglary and possession of offensive weapons, appeared in our rogues’ gallery.
Another 33-year-old man handed himself in at Romford police station on January 23.
You may also want to watch:
He was wanted for failing to appear at Barkingside Magistrates’ Court for the original offences of excess alcohol in Chadwell Heath in December and shoplifting at a store in central London.
He was given a 12 months suspended sentence with costs of £80 at Barkingside Magistrates’ Court, in Cranbrook Road.
- 1 Two men assaulted with pole after car driven into them
- 2 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford
- 3 Waste reduction campaign launches with Redbridge fifth largest rubbish producer in England
- 4 Hainault teen lands coveted slot on dance touring company
- 5 Man in hospital after car flips over in Wanstead
- 6 Man charged with murder after elderly woman found dead in bathtub in Clayhall home
- 7 Pedestrian suffers 'life-threatening head injury' in Redbridge collision
- 8 Police officer sacked after 'encouraging friend to lie about collision'
- 9 Attempted murder arrest after woman seriously injured in Barkingside
- 10 Barkingside axe attack: Man arrested on suspicion of attempted murder, police appeal for witnesses
Officers also swooped on a 40-year-old man who was wanted for domestic common assault in Havering. He has since been charged for the offence and was due to appear at Barkingside Magistrates’ Court yesterday (Wednesday).
A 26-year-old man, who had failed to attend Barkingside Magistrates’ Court for possession of controlled drugs, was caught on Friday and has been remanded on bail to appear at Snaresbrook Crown Court on February 21.
And a 28-year-old woman was arrested on January 23 after failing to appear at Thames Magistrates’ Court and for failing to return to a police station. She has been remanded on bail to appear at Barkingside Magistrates’ Court on March 19.
A 39-year-old man has also been arrested but details weren’t available before the Recorder went to press.
The full gallery of the 20 suspects who remain at large can be viewed on our website. Visit bit.ly/1hRV60g.
Det Supt Ellie O’Connor said “Their crimes brought misery to their victims. I urge you to tell police where these persons are and allow justice to be delivered.
n Anyone with information about any of the most wanted should contact police on 101, or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.