Redbridge riot suspects publicly outed by touring police van
People suspected of taking part in the summer riots in Redbridge had their faces shown around the borough by a touring van on December 20 and 21.
As Christmas shoppers went about their business, they can’t help but have noticed the police van emblazoned with blown-up photos of rioters on the side.
As with other parts of the capital, Redbridge, and in particular Ilford town centre, saw disturbances during the August riots and the borough’s police wanted to share images of 40 suspects with the public.
The “ad van” visited Barkingside, Goodmayes, Hainault, Ilford town centre, Wanstead and Woodford Green during its two-day tour with police reporting a good response from the public.
A spokeswoman said: “We had a lot of people coming up and watching the slides and taking down phone numbers”.
You may also want to watch:
The van also displayed messages on crime prevention such as dealing with mobile phone theft.
Officers advised people expecting to receive high-value goods for Christmas to consider registering them at www.immobilise.com to help the police trace lost and stolen goods.
- 1 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 2 Ilford care home turned into studio flats for rough sleepers
- 3 Ilford Town only place in London with average house price below £250,000
- 4 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 5 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 6 Man's suicide method thoughts were not in clinical notes, inquest hears
- 7 More than a thousand attend Eid in the Field in Woodford Green
- 8 Chadwell Heath death: Barking man charged with murder of Maria Rawlings
- 9 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 10 Cannabis and rambo knife sniffed out by police dog in Gants Hill bust
Our online gallery, which can be viewed through the link above, shows some of the suspects’ images released by the police along with reference numbers.
Anyone with information is asked to call the CID office at Ilford police station on 0208 345 2680 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.