Redbridge Police to merge with neighbouring boroughs’ forces
- Credit: Archant
Redbridge Police’s command unit is to merge with one or two other neighbouring boroughs, it can be revealed.
The borough’s top police officer Ch Supt Mandy Beacher told councillors at an external scrutiny panel on Thursday that Redbridge would be part of a trial run for the cost cutting measures.
She said: “They are merging some of the boroughs, we are a pilot.”
The borough commander did not give any further details, but said she had spoken to the council leader about the changes.
Rumours about similar proposals have existed for more than a year, however this is the first time a police officer has confirmed the merger is going ahead.
You may also want to watch:
It is believed Redbridge’s command team would be shared across neighbouring boroughs such as Havering or Barking and Dagenham.
For the full story see today’s Recorder.
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after elderly woman dies in Clayhall
- 2 Attempted murder arrest after woman seriously injured in Barkingside
- 3 Redbridge pubs gear up for outdoor opening
- 4 Criticism of 'comedy of errors' consultation for Wanstead flat extension plans
- 5 South Woodford restaurant owner excited for return of diners
- 6 Pictures: Remembering Prince Philip's visits to east London
- 7 Man in hospital after being slashed multiple times in Wanstead
- 8 Three arrests after cannabis raids in Dagenham and South Woodford
- 9 Prince Philip death: Redbridge pays tribute to Duke of Edinburgh
- 10 Jailed: Seven Kings man gets 14 years for hammer attack