Redbridge Police to merge with neighbouring boroughs’ forces
- Credit: Archant
Redbridge Police’s command unit is to merge with one or two other neighbouring boroughs, it can be revealed.
The borough’s top police officer Ch Supt Mandy Beacher told councillors at an external scrutiny panel on Thursday that Redbridge would be part of a trial run for the cost cutting measures.
She said: “They are merging some of the boroughs, we are a pilot.”
The borough commander did not give any further details, but said she had spoken to the council leader about the changes.
Rumours about similar proposals have existed for more than a year, however this is the first time a police officer has confirmed the merger is going ahead.
You may also want to watch:
It is believed Redbridge’s command team would be shared across neighbouring boroughs such as Havering or Barking and Dagenham.
For the full story see today’s Recorder.
- 1 Girl, 16, allegedly raped in Ilford park
- 2 Travelling in and out of Redbridge? Your guide to road and rail works
- 3 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 4 Woodford Green bomb scare declared false alarm
- 5 Ambulance stations to close and be replaced by single centre, LAS reveals
- 6 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 7 Newbury Park supermarket security staff step in to help man in crisis
- 8 Doctor struck off after working underqualified for locum shifts
- 9 Businesses find cannabis growing in their flower pots
- 10 Council dishes out £7k of fines in fly-tipping crackdown