Redbridge Police to merge with neighbouring boroughs’ forces
- Credit: Archant
Redbridge Police’s command unit is to merge with one or two other neighbouring boroughs, it can be revealed.
The borough’s top police officer Ch Supt Mandy Beacher told councillors at an external scrutiny panel on Thursday that Redbridge would be part of a trial run for the cost cutting measures.
She said: “They are merging some of the boroughs, we are a pilot.”
The borough commander did not give any further details, but said she had spoken to the council leader about the changes.
Rumours about similar proposals have existed for more than a year, however this is the first time a police officer has confirmed the merger is going ahead.
You may also want to watch:
It is believed Redbridge’s command team would be shared across neighbouring boroughs such as Havering or Barking and Dagenham.
For the full story see today’s Recorder.
- 1 ‘Game-changing’ kebab chain to open Barkingside branch
- 2 South Woodford curry house named best in the nation
- 3 East London police officer charged with rape
- 4 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 5 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 6 More strike action planned in Newbury Park school dispute
- 7 Roof damaged in Seven Kings house fire
- 8 Opera star Jonathan Antoine to return to the stage ahead of US tour
- 9 Thirteen-year-old boy attacked in Ilford
- 10 Where to go for Italian food in Redbridge, according to TripAdvisor