Redbridge Police to focus on cyber bullying
- Credit: Archant
Cyber bullying, particularly amongst young people, is to be a top priority for Redbridge Police going forward.
Borough commander Ch Supt Mandy Beacher told this to councillors at Thursday’s external scrutiny panel.
Ch Supt Beacher was responding to a question by George Thompson from Redbridge Youth Council, at the meeting in Redbridge Town Hall.
Mr Thompson explained personal safety in Ilford was a concern for the Youth Council’s members.
He added: “Strong issues in particular are being followed, bag snatching and cyber bullying.”
You may also want to watch:
The borough’s top police officer said: “I want to reassure George that all of these issues are being raised, cyber bullying is a high priority.”
In October the Recorder uncovered a naked picture craze spreading through Redbridge, where young people encouraged others to share naked pictures of their peers.
- 1 Girl, 16, allegedly raped in Ilford park
- 2 Travelling in and out of Redbridge? Your guide to road and rail works
- 3 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 4 Woodford Green bomb scare declared false alarm
- 5 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 6 Ambulance stations to close and be replaced by single centre, LAS reveals
- 7 Newbury Park supermarket security staff step in to help man in crisis
- 8 Doctor struck off after working underqualified for locum shifts
- 9 Businesses find cannabis growing in their flower pots
- 10 Council dishes out £7k of fines in fly-tipping crackdown