Redbridge Police to focus on cyber bullying
- Credit: Archant
Cyber bullying, particularly amongst young people, is to be a top priority for Redbridge Police going forward.
Borough commander Ch Supt Mandy Beacher told this to councillors at Thursday’s external scrutiny panel.
Ch Supt Beacher was responding to a question by George Thompson from Redbridge Youth Council, at the meeting in Redbridge Town Hall.
Mr Thompson explained personal safety in Ilford was a concern for the Youth Council’s members.
He added: “Strong issues in particular are being followed, bag snatching and cyber bullying.”
You may also want to watch:
The borough’s top police officer said: “I want to reassure George that all of these issues are being raised, cyber bullying is a high priority.”
In October the Recorder uncovered a naked picture craze spreading through Redbridge, where young people encouraged others to share naked pictures of their peers.
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after elderly woman dies in Clayhall
- 2 Attempted murder arrest after woman seriously injured in Barkingside
- 3 Redbridge pubs gear up for outdoor opening
- 4 Criticism of 'comedy of errors' consultation for Wanstead flat extension plans
- 5 South Woodford restaurant owner excited for return of diners
- 6 Pictures: Remembering Prince Philip's visits to east London
- 7 Three arrests after cannabis raids in Dagenham and South Woodford
- 8 Man in hospital after being slashed multiple times in Wanstead
- 9 Prince Philip death: Redbridge pays tribute to Duke of Edinburgh
- 10 Jailed: Seven Kings man gets 14 years for hammer attack