Redbridge police officer denies fraud charges
- Credit: MPS
A Redbridge police constable and former union representative has denied 12 charges of fraud.
Det Con Dennis Weeks, 45, of Gordon Road, Wanstead, who works for Redbridge Police, appeared in Southwark Crown Court yesterday.
He pleaded not guilty to all 12 counts of fraud by false representation.
The allegations relate to Det Con Weeks’ previous role as an elected official for the police union, the MPS Police Federation, between February and October 2014.
He resigned the post in January 2015, and has been placed on restricted duties.
You may also want to watch:
The trial is set for May 2, and expected to last for 10 days.
- 1 Residents complain their Ilford street now 'full of crime'
- 2 Labour leader Sir Keir Starmer visits Redbridge on campaign trail
- 3 Ricardo Fuller death: Man charged with murder
- 4 Fire damages Ilford flats
- 5 Sadiq Khan comes to Redbridge ahead of London elections
- 6 Loxford and Seven Kings by-election candidates make case for your vote
- 7 Consultation launches on plans to move preschool and open excluded pupils facility at youth centre
- 8 Former Ilford South MP opens up on Labour departure in new book
- 9 Tributes to police officer killed in Ilford on 26th anniversary of death
- 10 Have you seen Chantel, 15, missing from Ilford?