Redbridge police officer denies fraud charges
- Credit: MPS
A Redbridge police constable and former union representative has denied 12 charges of fraud.
Det Con Dennis Weeks, 45, of Gordon Road, Wanstead, who works for Redbridge Police, appeared in Southwark Crown Court yesterday.
He pleaded not guilty to all 12 counts of fraud by false representation.
The allegations relate to Det Con Weeks’ previous role as an elected official for the police union, the MPS Police Federation, between February and October 2014.
He resigned the post in January 2015, and has been placed on restricted duties.
You may also want to watch:
The trial is set for May 2, and expected to last for 10 days.
- 1 Medics treat six people after three-car crash in Ilford
- 2 Neighbours slam council over Christchurch Green kiosk approval
- 3 Award for officers who tackled knife-wielding man at Ilford station
- 4 Best places to have a curry in Redbridge as chosen by readers
- 5 'Last of a dying breed': Ilford pub scoops readers' vote honour
- 6 Bereaved dad's marathon tribute to son who died of rare brain disorder
- 7 Coffee fanatics to open 'lively' new coffee shop in Redbridge
- 8 Hospital's failure to identify neck injury 'contributed' to courier's death, inquest finds
- 9 Plot holders 'not convinced' by reassurances over allotments takeover plan
- 10 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash