Redbridge police offer advice on preventing Asian gold thefts
Police are offering Redbridge residents advice on how to reduce the risk of Asian gold being stolen after a spate of thefts in the borough.
Redbridge police recommend items be kept in a safe secured to a solid wall or floor, or in a bank.
Large amounts of jewellery should not be kept at home or on display and all pieces should be photographed for a record.
Insurance companies must be told about any valuable items and receipts of purchases should be kept.
Redbridge police said all households should lock all doors and windows when leaving, use timers to put on lights and set an alarm.
You may also want to watch:
For crime prevention information visit www.met.police.uk or contact your local safer neighbourhood team.
- 1 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 2 Newbury Park supermarket security staff step in to help man in crisis
- 3 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 4 Doctor struck off after working underqualified for locum shifts
- 5 Businesses find cannabis growing in their flower pots
- 6 Council dishes out £7k of fines in fly-tipping crackdown
- 7 Covid jabs available at town hall clinic
- 8 Fire at Ilford Lane shop was accidental, brigade says
- 9 Two arrests after alleged assault on teen in Newbury Park
- 10 Ilford charity boss named in Queen’s Birthday Honours