Redbridge police offer advice on preventing Asian gold thefts
Police are offering Redbridge residents advice on how to reduce the risk of Asian gold being stolen after a spate of thefts in the borough.
Redbridge police recommend items be kept in a safe secured to a solid wall or floor, or in a bank.
Large amounts of jewellery should not be kept at home or on display and all pieces should be photographed for a record.
Insurance companies must be told about any valuable items and receipts of purchases should be kept.
Redbridge police said all households should lock all doors and windows when leaving, use timers to put on lights and set an alarm.
You may also want to watch:
For crime prevention information visit www.met.police.uk or contact your local safer neighbourhood team.
- 1 Best places to have a curry in Redbridge as chosen by readers
- 2 Medics treat six people after three-car crash in Ilford
- 3 Coffee fanatics to open 'lively' new café in Redbridge
- 4 Homebuilder steps back from proposals over rising projected costs
- 5 Three new items Redbridge residents can recycle
- 6 Valentines Park bench dedicated to couple described as 'pillars of community'
- 7 Ilford care home nominated for two national awards
- 8 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 9 Man dies after fall near Hainault station
- 10 Man rushed to hospital after being robbed and stabbed in Ilford