Redbridge police offer advice on preventing Asian gold thefts
Police are offering Redbridge residents advice on how to reduce the risk of Asian gold being stolen after a spate of thefts in the borough.
Redbridge police recommend items be kept in a safe secured to a solid wall or floor, or in a bank.
Large amounts of jewellery should not be kept at home or on display and all pieces should be photographed for a record.
Insurance companies must be told about any valuable items and receipts of purchases should be kept.
Redbridge police said all households should lock all doors and windows when leaving, use timers to put on lights and set an alarm.
You may also want to watch:
For crime prevention information visit www.met.police.uk or contact your local safer neighbourhood team.
- 1 Fire damages Ilford flats
- 2 95pc of children get place at first or second choice primary school
- 3 Have you seen Chantel, 15, missing from Ilford?
- 4 Ricardo Fuller death: Man charged with murder
- 5 Tributes to police officer killed in Ilford on 26th anniversary of death
- 6 Two men assaulted with pole after car driven into them
- 7 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford
- 8 Hainault teen lands coveted slot on dance touring company
- 9 Fairlop Waters, numbers, NHS and child exploitation
- 10 Man charged with murder after elderly woman found dead in bathtub in Clayhall home