Redbridge police make 20 arrests for crimes such as drug offences during operation
Twenty people were arrested during a day of police activity last week.
Redbridge officers were out on the streets on Thursday for Operation Big Wing, which takes place each month.
Three warrants were executed under the drugs act and the theft act, a cash seizure of £2,300 was enforced and two cannabis warnings were made by the Redbridge community police team.
Officers also attended Ilford station, Cranbrook Road, with police dogs, arresting one person and giving another a cannabis warning.
Mobile phone shops were among other sites targeted. Officers went to 23, checking over 100 phones and recovering two stolen ones.
You may also want to watch:
A crime prevention stall in High Road, Ilford, was visited by over 1,000 residents and there were eight presentations in schools on personal safety.
Det Supt Ellie O’Connor said she was “very pleased” at the day’s outcomes.
- 1 More than £5m worth of stolen vehicles recovered in first Redbridge Action Week
- 2 Cost of damage runs into thousands as Clayhall street clears up after floods
- 3 Engineering student wins place at Princeton University
- 4 Olympian-trained South Woodford sprinter, 8, breaks record in Manchester
- 5 Ilford charity opens B&M store in Newbury Park
- 6 Barkingside man arrested on suspicion of firearms offences
- 7 Redbridge clean-up underway after flash floods close A&E and damage homes
- 8 Developments approved in Redbridge so far in 2021
- 9 The Sikh Network on grieving in lockdown and death 'as a process of life'
- 10 Ricardo Fuller death: Third man charged with murder