Redbridge police make 20 arrests for crimes such as drug offences during operation
Twenty people were arrested during a day of police activity last week.
Redbridge officers were out on the streets on Thursday for Operation Big Wing, which takes place each month.
Three warrants were executed under the drugs act and the theft act, a cash seizure of £2,300 was enforced and two cannabis warnings were made by the Redbridge community police team.
Officers also attended Ilford station, Cranbrook Road, with police dogs, arresting one person and giving another a cannabis warning.
Mobile phone shops were among other sites targeted. Officers went to 23, checking over 100 phones and recovering two stolen ones.
A crime prevention stall in High Road, Ilford, was visited by over 1,000 residents and there were eight presentations in schools on personal safety.
Det Supt Ellie O’Connor said she was “very pleased” at the day’s outcomes.
- 1 Ten businesses crowned winners at inaugural Ilford South Business Awards
- 2 Pan-Asian noodle bar opens on Ilford High Street
- 3 Student nurse charged with alleged rape
- 4 Boris Johnson tells people to work from home as covid 'Plan B' confirmed
- 5 Fairlop Waters car park to transform into ice-rink for Christmas
- 6 Second Redbridge crime enforcement hub launches in Hainault
- 7 Covid vaccine - one year on: London boroughs among worst for jab rates
- 8 Festive events and family days out in east London this weekend
- 9 Plans to cut up to 600 Tube station jobs amid TfL 'funding crisis'
- 10 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns