Redbridge police make 20 arrests for crimes such as drug offences during operation
Twenty people were arrested during a day of police activity last week.
Redbridge officers were out on the streets on Thursday for Operation Big Wing, which takes place each month.
Three warrants were executed under the drugs act and the theft act, a cash seizure of £2,300 was enforced and two cannabis warnings were made by the Redbridge community police team.
Officers also attended Ilford station, Cranbrook Road, with police dogs, arresting one person and giving another a cannabis warning.
Mobile phone shops were among other sites targeted. Officers went to 23, checking over 100 phones and recovering two stolen ones.
You may also want to watch:
A crime prevention stall in High Road, Ilford, was visited by over 1,000 residents and there were eight presentations in schools on personal safety.
Det Supt Ellie O’Connor said she was “very pleased” at the day’s outcomes.
- 1 Residents complain their Ilford street now 'full of crime'
- 2 Labour leader Sir Keir Starmer visits Redbridge on campaign trail
- 3 Sadiq Khan comes to Redbridge ahead of London elections
- 4 Ricardo Fuller death: Man charged with murder
- 5 Loxford and Seven Kings by-election candidates make case for your vote
- 6 Consultation launches on plans to move preschool and open excluded pupils facility at youth centre
- 7 Fire damages Ilford flats
- 8 Tributes to police officer killed in Ilford on 26th anniversary of death
- 9 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford
- 10 Redbridge parents' group donates more laptops to schools