Redbridge police gave chase to suspected robber in Barkingside
Officers from Redbridge police’s burglary task force were out on the streets yesterday as part of Operation Castle.
The borough-wide initiative to tackle burglary in the run-up to Christmas launched on Monday, and officers joined up with the borough’s robbery squad to catch a suspected robber in Emmott Avenue, Barkingside yesterday afternoon.
The 16-year-old male is suspected of robbing a postman in Yellowpine Way, Hainault, on Wednesday.
Two 18-year-old men have also been arrested, one yesterday and one today.
Officers gave chase from the Sainsbury’s store in Tanners Lane, Barkingside.
You may also want to watch:
One suspect allegedly distracted the postman before the other two pushed him over before stealing parcels.
The postman was not injured and all three suspects remain in custody in an east London police station.
- 1 Attempted murder arrest after woman seriously injured in Barkingside
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after elderly woman dies in Clayhall
- 3 Redbridge pubs gear up for outdoor opening
- 4 Criticism of 'comedy of errors' consultation for Wanstead flat extension plans
- 5 Plans submitted for more than 500 homes on former Goodmayes Homebase site
- 6 Prince Philip death: Redbridge pays tribute to Duke of Edinburgh
- 7 Plaistow man denies murdering two men in Goodmayes
- 8 Former Redbridge Council staffer charged with child sexual exploitation crimes in Australia
- 9 Three arrests after cannabis raids in Dagenham and South Woodford
- 10 Man in hospital after being slashed multiple times in Wanstead
The operation is employing a number of tactics, including visiting known burglars, speaking to past victims of crime and working with pawnbrokers to combat burglary.
Get next Thursday’s Recorder for a report on patrol with the task force.