Redbridge police gave chase to suspected robber in Barkingside
Officers from Redbridge police’s burglary task force were out on the streets yesterday as part of Operation Castle.
The borough-wide initiative to tackle burglary in the run-up to Christmas launched on Monday, and officers joined up with the borough’s robbery squad to catch a suspected robber in Emmott Avenue, Barkingside yesterday afternoon.
The 16-year-old male is suspected of robbing a postman in Yellowpine Way, Hainault, on Wednesday.
Two 18-year-old men have also been arrested, one yesterday and one today.
Officers gave chase from the Sainsbury’s store in Tanners Lane, Barkingside.
One suspect allegedly distracted the postman before the other two pushed him over before stealing parcels.
The postman was not injured and all three suspects remain in custody in an east London police station.
- 1 Jailed: Teen who inflicted life-changing injuries as he squirted acid in boy's face
- 2 Awards nomination for 'rights champion' schoolgirl, 9
- 3 Ilford social club elects new president for 2022
- 4 'Time to end the injustice': Barts staff set to strike amid pay dispute
- 5 How often do Londoners cycle to work in each borough?
- 6 Fake Dyson Airwrap and Primark baby toy among recent recalled items
- 7 Travel Bulletin: Havering, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham
- 8 Police no longer looking for man wanted in connection with assault
- 9 New documentary on murders of women whose bodies were hidden in freezer
- 10 Driver charged in connection with fatal collision on M11 due in court
The operation is employing a number of tactics, including visiting known burglars, speaking to past victims of crime and working with pawnbrokers to combat burglary.
Get next Thursday’s Recorder for a report on patrol with the task force.