Redbridge police gave chase to suspected robber in Barkingside
Officers from Redbridge police’s burglary task force were out on the streets yesterday as part of Operation Castle.
The borough-wide initiative to tackle burglary in the run-up to Christmas launched on Monday, and officers joined up with the borough’s robbery squad to catch a suspected robber in Emmott Avenue, Barkingside yesterday afternoon.
The 16-year-old male is suspected of robbing a postman in Yellowpine Way, Hainault, on Wednesday.
Two 18-year-old men have also been arrested, one yesterday and one today.
Officers gave chase from the Sainsbury’s store in Tanners Lane, Barkingside.
You may also want to watch:
One suspect allegedly distracted the postman before the other two pushed him over before stealing parcels.
The postman was not injured and all three suspects remain in custody in an east London police station.
- 1 Upcycle and recycle market coming to former Goodmayes Homebase site
- 2 Girl, 16, allegedly raped in Ilford park
- 3 Travelling in and out of Redbridge? Your guide to road and rail works
- 4 Lorry driver cleared over elderly couple's crash deaths, inquest hears
- 5 NHS pilot to end blood test services at two Redbridge sites
- 6 Woodford Green bomb scare declared false alarm
- 7 Doctor struck off after working underqualified for locum shifts
- 8 Ambulance stations to close and be replaced by single centre, LAS reveals
- 9 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 10 Met launches summer operation as teen killings surge
The operation is employing a number of tactics, including visiting known burglars, speaking to past victims of crime and working with pawnbrokers to combat burglary.
Get next Thursday’s Recorder for a report on patrol with the task force.