Redbridge man denies murdering 20-year-old outside Ilford Station
- Credit: Archant
A 20-year-old man from Redbridge has denied murdering another 20-year-old who was killed during a fight outside Ilford Station.
Florent Okende appeared at the Old Bailey this morning (Wednesday, May 22), where he pleaded not guilty to a charge of murder over the death of Che Morrison outside the TfL Rail station in Cranbrook Road during the incident on February 26.
Mr Morrison died at the scene from a single stab wound to the chest.
Police officers were called to the station at 8.48pm and Mr Morrison was pronounced dead at 9.16pm.
Okende, of Eastern Avenue, has also been charged with possession of cannabis, but denies this count as well.
You may also want to watch:
His trial is due to begin at the same court on Monday, July 15.
- 1 Residents complain their Ilford street now 'full of crime'
- 2 Ricardo Fuller death: Man charged with murder
- 3 Labour leader Sir Keir Starmer visits Redbridge on campaign trail
- 4 Fire damages Ilford flats
- 5 Former Ilford South MP opens up on Labour departure in new book
- 6 Tributes to police officer killed in Ilford on 26th anniversary of death
- 7 Covid hospital admissions and deaths in stark decline, NHS trust data shows
- 8 Fairlop Waters, numbers, NHS and child exploitation
- 9 Have you seen Chantel, 15, missing from Ilford?
- 10 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford