Redbridge man denies murdering 20-year-old outside Ilford Station
- Credit: Archant
A 20-year-old man from Redbridge has denied murdering another 20-year-old who was killed during a fight outside Ilford Station.
Florent Okende appeared at the Old Bailey this morning (Wednesday, May 22), where he pleaded not guilty to a charge of murder over the death of Che Morrison outside the TfL Rail station in Cranbrook Road during the incident on February 26.
Mr Morrison died at the scene from a single stab wound to the chest.
Police officers were called to the station at 8.48pm and Mr Morrison was pronounced dead at 9.16pm.
Okende, of Eastern Avenue, has also been charged with possession of cannabis, but denies this count as well.
His trial is due to begin at the same court on Monday, July 15.
- 1 Jailed: Teen who inflicted life-changing injuries as he squirted acid in boy's face
- 2 Police no longer looking for man wanted in connection with assault
- 3 Travel Bulletin: Havering, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham
- 4 New documentary on murders of women whose bodies were hidden in freezer
- 5 'There was no life without resistance': World War Two veteran dies aged 94
- 6 Patients with Covid in east London hospitals fall after rising for weeks
- 7 Dog units 'really good tool' to help police tackle violent crime, officers say
- 8 Driver charged in connection with fatal collision on M11 due in court
- 9 Bus timetable change to 'better align' with hospital shifts
- 10 TfL welcomes RMT decision to suspend first round of strike action