Redbridge man denies murdering 20-year-old outside Ilford Station
- Credit: Archant
A 20-year-old man from Redbridge has denied murdering another 20-year-old who was killed during a fight outside Ilford Station.
Florent Okende appeared at the Old Bailey this morning (Wednesday, May 22), where he pleaded not guilty to a charge of murder over the death of Che Morrison outside the TfL Rail station in Cranbrook Road during the incident on February 26.
Mr Morrison died at the scene from a single stab wound to the chest.
Police officers were called to the station at 8.48pm and Mr Morrison was pronounced dead at 9.16pm.
Okende, of Eastern Avenue, has also been charged with possession of cannabis, but denies this count as well.
You may also want to watch:
His trial is due to begin at the same court on Monday, July 15.
- 1 Restaurant stripped of its alcohol licence
- 2 Restaurant faces losing licence after allegations of illegal club nights during pandemic
- 3 'A race against time' - 18,000 people in Redbridge have received Covid jab
- 4 Little Gearies development plans pass following hours of discussion over Barkingside estate
- 5 Queen's and King George hospitals appeal for volunteers to support end of life patients
- 6 Covid deaths increase at Queen's and King George hospitals this week
- 7 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 8 Political fight as council shifts money away from opposition party
- 9 Need for Frenford Foodbank won't end when pandemic does, say volunteers
- 10 Growing public support for tougher pet theft sentences