Redbridge man denies murdering 20-year-old outside Ilford Station
- Credit: Archant
A 20-year-old man from Redbridge has denied murdering another 20-year-old who was killed during a fight outside Ilford Station.
Florent Okende appeared at the Old Bailey this morning (Wednesday, May 22), where he pleaded not guilty to a charge of murder over the death of Che Morrison outside the TfL Rail station in Cranbrook Road during the incident on February 26.
Mr Morrison died at the scene from a single stab wound to the chest.
Police officers were called to the station at 8.48pm and Mr Morrison was pronounced dead at 9.16pm.
Okende, of Eastern Avenue, has also been charged with possession of cannabis, but denies this count as well.
You may also want to watch:
His trial is due to begin at the same court on Monday, July 15.
- 1 Neighbours slam council over Christchurch Green kiosk approval
- 2 Medics treat six people after three-car crash in Ilford
- 3 Best places to have a curry in Redbridge as chosen by readers
- 4 'Last of a dying breed': Ilford pub scoops readers' vote honour
- 5 Award for officers who tackled knife-wielding man at Ilford station
- 6 Bereaved dad's marathon tribute to son who died of rare brain disorder
- 7 Coffee fanatics to open 'lively' new coffee shop in Redbridge
- 8 Three new items Redbridge residents can recycle
- 9 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 10 Man dies after fall near Hainault station