Redbridge Equalities Forum hold quarterly meeting
- Credit: Archant
The Redbridge Equalities Forum held its quarterly meeting yesterday at Gants Hill United Reformed Church Hall in Ethelbert Gardens.
The Forum seeks to bring organisations, professionals and activists belonging to different equality strands together to exchange information, reduce barriers between communities, raise awareness and challenge myths.
In addition, they promote equalities and human rights, lobby and campaign and contribute to council and statutory body consultations.
Participants listened to a presentation by Michael Beacon, equality and diversity assistant manager at NELFT (North East London Foundation Trust) and the floor was then opened up for discussion, with a range of viewpoints being showcased.
The launch of the Fairness Commission report was raised and several panellists said they would be attending the event to hear the key recommendations for Redbridge.
You may also want to watch:
The forum would like to look at the relationship between health and social care in the future and scheduled its next meeting for March 2016.
- 1 Fire damages Ilford flats
- 2 95pc of children get place at first or second choice primary school
- 3 Have you seen Chantel, 15, missing from Ilford?
- 4 Ricardo Fuller death: Man charged with murder
- 5 Tributes to police officer killed in Ilford on 26th anniversary of death
- 6 Two men assaulted with pole after car driven into them
- 7 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford
- 8 Hainault teen lands coveted slot on dance touring company
- 9 Fairlop Waters, numbers, NHS and child exploitation
- 10 Man charged with murder after elderly woman found dead in bathtub in Clayhall home