Redbridge Council publishes CCTV images of people suspected of fly-tipping
- Credit: Archant
Redbridge Council encourages residents to identify people it suspects of fly-tipping after it released CCTV images.
Redbridge Council has published six shots from CCTV footages in a bid to identify people the council suspects of damping rubbish on the streets.
Referring to the CCTV images, Cabinet member for civic pride Cllr Dev Sharma said: “It’s another important tool in our arsenal” and hopes residents will be able to help the council with its enquiries.
“We’ve been clear from the outset that residents play an important part in combatting fly tipping and making the borough cleaner.
Redbridge Council said it was fighting fly-tipping in a numbers of ways, which include free bulky waste collection, a “Don’t Dump” campaign and is looking to form a new fly-tipping enforcement team.
You may also want to watch:
Cllr Sharma added: “We know how much that this issue means to people. It’s crucial that we work together to show those that dump their rubbish that their actions will not be tolerated.
“We have shown that we are taking this matter incredibly seriously and now I would encourage everyone to get online and see if they can help us identify these people and make sure they keep revisiting the site as we will be putting more images online regularly.”
- 1 Murder probe launched after mother-of-two’s body found in Chadwell Heath
- 2 Election 2021: Live updates for London Assembly, Loxford and Seven Kings
- 3 Man wanted in connection with dangerous driving incident in Newbury Park
- 4 'No stone will be left unturned' to find killer of Maria Jane Rawlings
- 5 Man stabbed in Goodmayes
- 6 Woman's body found in Chadwell Heath
- 7 Mosque director: Ilford egg attack highlights Islamophobia Muslims face
- 8 Police car flips over in Chadwell Heath collision
- 9 Ilford mosque attendees attacked with eggs and stones
- 10 Have you seen Casey, 16, missing from Ilford?
For more information and to view the CCTV images, visit www.redbridge.gov.uk/flytipping.
If you have any information on people or businesses that are fly tipping, you can report them by emailing email@example.com or calling 0208 708 5105.