Masked men hit girl over the head in Redbridge aggravated burglary
- Credit: Archant
Masked men hit a girl over the head during an aggravated burglary in Redbridge.
Her 10-year-old brother was also threatened with a screwdriver in Torquay Gardens, on Wednesday, November 7 at 7.23pm.
Police confirmed that two children were watching TV in their living room when a “number of unknown males” entered the property through a patio door.
The girl tried to warn her mother - who was upstairs at the time- about what was going on and was struck over the head with a broom by one of the suspects.
Her brother told police he was then threatened with a screwdriver.
You may also want to watch:
The mother then ran downstairs, grabbed her children and ran from the property.
A Met Police spokesman said: “It is believed that the males may have fled from the address into a waiting white Fiat Tipo which went down Falmouth Gardens towards Roding Lane South, then turned around and went back in the opposite direction.
- 1 Best places to have a curry in Redbridge as chosen by readers
- 2 Coffee fanatics to open 'lively' new coffee shop in Redbridge
- 3 'Last of a dying breed': Ilford pub scoops readers' vote honour
- 4 Homebuilder steps back from proposals over rising projected costs
- 5 Medics treat six people after three-car crash in Ilford
- 6 Council seeks public input after York Road anti-social behaviour concerns
- 7 Ilford care home nominated for two national awards
- 8 Three new items Redbridge residents can recycle
- 9 Valentines Park bench dedicated to couple described as 'pillars of community'
- 10 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
“It is not known where the vehicle went from there.
“Nothing is believed to have been stolen during the incident.
“None of the victims were seriously injured and did not require hospital treatment.”
Officers from the East Area Command Unit are investigating.
Anyone with information that may assist the investigation is asked to call police on 101 quoting ref 6796/7 Nov.