Masked men hit girl over the head in Redbridge aggravated burglary
- Credit: Archant
Masked men hit a girl over the head during an aggravated burglary in Redbridge.
Her 10-year-old brother was also threatened with a screwdriver in Torquay Gardens, on Wednesday, November 7 at 7.23pm.
Police confirmed that two children were watching TV in their living room when a “number of unknown males” entered the property through a patio door.
The girl tried to warn her mother - who was upstairs at the time- about what was going on and was struck over the head with a broom by one of the suspects.
Her brother told police he was then threatened with a screwdriver.
You may also want to watch:
The mother then ran downstairs, grabbed her children and ran from the property.
A Met Police spokesman said: “It is believed that the males may have fled from the address into a waiting white Fiat Tipo which went down Falmouth Gardens towards Roding Lane South, then turned around and went back in the opposite direction.
- 1 Murder probe launched after mother-of-two’s body found in Chadwell Heath
- 2 Election 2021: Live updates for London Assembly, Loxford and Seven Kings
- 3 Man wanted in connection with dangerous driving incident in Newbury Park
- 4 'No stone will be left unturned' to find killer of Maria Jane Rawlings
- 5 Woman's body found in Chadwell Heath
- 6 Man stabbed in Goodmayes
- 7 Ilford mosque attendees attacked with eggs and stones
- 8 Police car flips over in Chadwell Heath collision
- 9 Mosque director: Ilford egg attack highlights Islamophobia Muslims face
- 10 Detectives hunt for knifepoint phone robber in Woodford Green
“It is not known where the vehicle went from there.
“Nothing is believed to have been stolen during the incident.
“None of the victims were seriously injured and did not require hospital treatment.”
Officers from the East Area Command Unit are investigating.
Anyone with information that may assist the investigation is asked to call police on 101 quoting ref 6796/7 Nov.