Masked men hit girl over the head in Redbridge aggravated burglary
- Credit: Archant
Masked men hit a girl over the head during an aggravated burglary in Redbridge.
Her 10-year-old brother was also threatened with a screwdriver in Torquay Gardens, on Wednesday, November 7 at 7.23pm.
Police confirmed that two children were watching TV in their living room when a “number of unknown males” entered the property through a patio door.
The girl tried to warn her mother - who was upstairs at the time- about what was going on and was struck over the head with a broom by one of the suspects.
Her brother told police he was then threatened with a screwdriver.
The mother then ran downstairs, grabbed her children and ran from the property.
A Met Police spokesman said: “It is believed that the males may have fled from the address into a waiting white Fiat Tipo which went down Falmouth Gardens towards Roding Lane South, then turned around and went back in the opposite direction.
- 1 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 2 Bleed kit in memory of doorman Ricky Hayden installed outside nightclub
- 3 Met Office: Thunderstorm warning issued for London
- 4 Pair charged with creating fake Covid vaccination records
- 5 Convicted killer 'attacked sister-in-law after repeated threats', court hears
- 6 Ilford fast food restaurant permitted to open later
- 7 Item thrown from A13 bridge smashes windscreen and injures driver
- 8 Newbury Park grass fire sees homes evacuated
- 9 Cost of living crisis: What to do if you can't pay your bills
- 10 Jailed: Ilford fraudster involved in £13m Ponzi scheme through property fraud
“It is not known where the vehicle went from there.
“Nothing is believed to have been stolen during the incident.
“None of the victims were seriously injured and did not require hospital treatment.”
Officers from the East Area Command Unit are investigating.
Anyone with information that may assist the investigation is asked to call police on 101 quoting ref 6796/7 Nov.